website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2022

Totallympics

Looks like we have our new Russia in the GR in the absence of Russia :d  4th World Champion for Serbia. Their Bulgarian coaches gave an interview infront of BNT after the forth title and Dobrev said, that he is now working 9 years in Serbia and he can't believe how far they have come. 

On the other hand, i'm sure @MHSN can say a lot of stuff about the final performance of Geraei and the Iran struggle in the important matches as a whole.

3 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Looks like we have our new Russia in the GR in the absence of Russia :d  4th World Champion for Serbia. Their Bulgarian coaches gave an interview infront of BNT after the forth title and Dobrev said, that he is now working 9 years in Serbia and he can't believe how far they have come. 

On the other hand, i'm sure @MHSN can say a lot of stuff about the final performance of Geraei and the Iran struggle in the important matches as a whole.

I hope he didn't give himself credit for Ali Arsalan :d this guy just joined the Serbian team few months ago and he still lives and trains in Iran. never saw him this good though.

the same Serbian team just won a bronze at the European Championship few months ago, I wonder what they will do outside of Belgrade. and I wonder if they will buy more wrestlers to fulfill the blank spots at 55, 60, 82 and 130. we have lots of wrestlers better than Arsalan, maybe they can turn them into World Champions :d

it was a terrible competition for Iran. everybody was sure about the team title (yes we care a lot about this) before the competition and now Iran will finish 4th behind TUR, AZE and SRB. :facepalm: most probably without a gold medal, no I don't think Mirzazadeh (or anybody else) can beat Kayaalp. we will end up with 2 silver and 1 bronze (at least all of them in Olympic weights)

there was obviously something wrong with the team. we lost lots of close matches. one of our guys got pinned while he was leading 9-1 ! most of them lost to lesser wrestlers by 1 or 2 pts gap.

Geraei is a great wrestler but his overconfidence hurts him sometimes. he was leading 4-0 comfortably and then he went for a takedown and instead of completing the TD (and get 2pts first) he went for a throw and threw the guy on himself, gave up 2 cheap points. that was a rookie mistake but I'm not that surprised. last year he almost lost to Japan, almost lost to Georgia. he found a way to win those matches but you can't live on the edge and survive everytime. he is not as dominant as some people may think. actually 1.5 years ago he was a nobody and we weren't even confident if he can even qualify for the Olympics ! :d

I think the preparation was terrible this year. most of our top guys rested too much after the 2021 Worlds. (Geraei for example wrestled just in one tournament) when you don't wrestle enough, you do stupid mistakes in crucial moments.

I believe we will do much better in freestyle, but still they had the same stupid preparation plan. that worries me.

oh well, apparently this is not suppose to be our tournament. our freestyle received the first shock during the draw . one of our best gold medal chances got ISR in the first round :cry::cry: the team title is already gone. that was a big gift for USA

this one is hard to swallow. even more than all those Greco-Roman losses :(