website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the European Championships 2022

Totallympics

3 hours ago, phelps said:

I'm OK with everything you wrote, except for the Briton being better than Bartolini...not in this world, at least...

Bartolini needs to substantially increase his difficulty score. Execution is important, but one cannot rely on execution alone, or else the risk of walking away without a medal is too big.

That being said, I am a little worried about the fact that the judges are trying hard to make Jake Jarman happen at all costs. He's got big skills and high difficulty, but his execution is definitely not great and he's never penalized enough for his mistakes. This has been happening at every single event. It's baffling.

2 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Bartolini needs to substantially increase his difficulty score. Execution is important, but one cannot rely on execution alone, or else the risk of walking away without a medal is too big.

That being said, I am a little worried about the fact that the judges are trying hard to make Jake Jarman happen at all costs. He's got big skills and high difficulty, but his execution is definitely not great and he's never penalized enough for his mistakes. This has been happening at every single event. It's baffling.

Jarman's vault win over Davtyan was shockingly unfair.

On 8/21/2022 at 2:31 PM, Ted said:

Jarman's vault win over Davtyan was shockingly unfair.

Half of the problem is thanks to FIG's stupid rules. The highest execution score wins the tie breaks in every apparatus, except vault. On vault, the highest scoring single vault decides who wins the tie break, but the problem is that the lowest scoring vault wins the tie break too. If the rules were solid, and if the execution score on both vaults decided the winner, Davtyan would have won  -- as he should have.