Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

16 minutes ago, hckosice said:

4 Medal Events schedulled for Day 1

Alpine Skiing - M Super-G Start List

Alpine Skiing - W Super-G  Start List

Ski Mountaineering - M Individual Start List

Ski Mountaineering - W Individual  Start List

Ski Mountaineering should give the Host Nation a big boost...

on paper, there's no way they're going to miss out the double Gold & Silver in both races, especially among the girls...

just to make it clear, the entry list has been published according to the last world champs' results and world rankings...

48 minutes ago, phelps said:

p.s. it's Sandro Viletta, not Villeta...;)

p.p.s. just seen the Olympic Channel broadcasting schedule...I can't believe that not a single second of Cross-Country Skiing and Biathlon (or Speedskating) are going to be broadcasted...:yikes::facepalm::wall:

it's only Alpine Skiing (not even all the events, for instance tomorrow's Super-G for both boys and girls are not in that list), Curling, Figure Skating, Hockey and a few Freestyle/Snowboard events...the other disciplines basically don't exist for the Olympic Channel (at least, for what I can see here from Italy)...:(:facepalm::nopompom::hairpull::thumbdown::redcard:

Yes that’s true.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, phelps said:

it's only Alpine Skiing (not even all the events, for instance tomorrow's Super-G for both boys and girls are not in that list), Curling, Figure Skating, Hockey and a few Freestyle/Snowboard events...the other disciplines basically don't exist for the Olympic Channel (at least, for what I can see here from Italy)...:(:facepalm::nopompom::hairpull::thumbdown::redcard:

Sadly, Olympic Channel has always been anything but equal treatment for all Olympic sports.

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Is there any way to watch alpine skiing tomorrow?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I’m afraid not. There should be a good highlight reel published however.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Sadly, Olympic Channel has always been anything but equal treatment for all Olympic sports.

Not the Olympic Channel’s call. Then and the OBS are too separate entities. OBS is the host broadcaster for these games, and they decided what they wanted to show. 

By far the biggest failure of YOG, is lack of broadcasting. I like what they do have, but I’d like to ski Biathlon, Cross Country Skiing, and other sports as well.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Does anyone have any clue who the favorites will be in alpine skiing? Never heard of any of those athletes ...

For most sports I could give you an answer, but for Alpine Skiing I’m in the dark. If that girl from :NZL hadn’t been injured, she would have been the heavy favorite.

Another sad thing to note is that the Olympia Bobrun has a live-streaming service, but the OBS has told them they cannot broadcast the events. 

I’d be cool with that, if the Olympic Channel was allowed to use broadcast that footage, but no.