website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics LEN European Championships 2022

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Dunadan said:

I am in the process of creating a new political party whose main purpose will be to make a law which punishes any Italian who claps over the anthem from start to finish by chopping their hands off.

What about non-Italians? I seem to remember spectators and other teams clapping during the anthem in Birmingham.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 medals for Lithuania from three different athletes, that is an amazing achievement for us. 

Hopefully for the next important competition, Danas Rapšys is going to be in a desired form as well.

It would be great if Savickas and Pavlidi returned to form as our talented prospects on their first steps of senior careers.

And looking forward to what Pancerevas and Plytnykaitė can show in the following years. 

On 8/16/2022 at 8:21 PM, Makedonas said:

Solid day for us with our guys Christou (100 backstroke), Gkolomeev (50 freestyle) and Vazaios (200 IM) all qualifying for their finals. Could be a busy day for them tomorrow as I hope they will also be competing in the men's 4x100 medley relay together and hopefully in the final there too.

All three of them have won European medals in these races in the past, so hoping for at least two more medals tomorrow :)

Well they didn't compete in the relay, we sent all of our reserves to the heats and they finished in 10th place. Anyways individually we got silver from Christou, who was 0.03s behind Ceccon, and bronze from Gkolomeev which is nice considering he was far from his best this year. Vazaios finished 6th in his final.

Overall, a nice championships for Greece with 3 medals, the same amount as last year. We had an NR and a bunch of PBs as well.

5 hours ago, phelps said:

very, very difficult...now we have a golden generation with Ceccon, Martinenghi, Miressi, Razzetti, Burdisso and Quadarella and we also are lucky to take advantage of the particular political situation of these days...

You forgot to mention Pilato!

2 hours ago, Werloc said:

4 medals for Lithuania from three different athletes, that is an amazing achievement for us. 

Hopefully for the next important competition, Danas Rapšys is going to be in a desired form as well.

It would be great if Savickas and Pavlidi returned to form as our talented prospects on their first steps of senior careers.

And looking forward to what Pancerevas and Plytnykaitė can show in the following years. 

What?! :yikes:

People always say Greek and Lithuanian surnames sound similar (because of the -s endings), but Pavlidi surely has Greek origins? I've never heard of Greeks living in Lithuania except if they played basketball there, what's his story?! I'm very curious...

Today the open water swimming starts, but the official timing page is rather...confusing. It says this in terms of schedule:

mebjrck.png

But also this:

Ew6sv8b.png

With the 'Mixed' meaning that women and men both start shortly after one another. So according to one schedule today is the women's 10k and after that the men's 5k, according to the other schedule - both of which are on the same official page - both the women and men have the 10k tomorrow, and at basically the same time.

What's going on and who is actually going to do what? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Today the open water swimming starts, but the official timing page is rather...confusing. It says this in terms of schedule:

mebjrck.png

But also this:

Ew6sv8b.png

With the 'Mixed' meaning that women and men both start shortly after one another. So according to one schedule today is the women's 10k and after that the men's 5k, according to the other schedule - both of which are on the same official page - both the women and men have the 10k tomorrow, and at basically the same time.

What's going on and who is actually going to do what? :d 

The live timing page is right. They had to postpone the events due to the weather, open water will start tomorrow. 

Just now, Vektor said:

The live timing page is right. They had to postpone the events due to the weather, open water will start tomorrow. 

Thanks! And they'll do it in that 'two races at a time' format? Normally not a fan of it, but on workdays it saves time so I'm fine with it :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Thanks! And they'll do it in that 'two races at a time' format? Normally not a fan of it, but on workdays it saves time so I'm fine with it :d 

Yeah, 25km would have been done like that anyway, now they are using this format for all the events. 

10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

What about non-Italians? I seem to remember spectators and other teams clapping during the anthem in Birmingham.

Non-Italians have been doing that for years, it's very annoying. Still not a excuse for Italians to now start picking up that behaviour as they should know better.

1 minute ago, Dunadan said:

Non-Italians have been doing that for years, it's very annoying. Still not a excuse for Italians to now start picking up that behaviour as they should know better.

I thought Italians were into the clapping during the anthem thing so never said anything about it, but I'm glad to see there's also Italians who are just as annoyed by it :d 

It's really something that got big in the past few years it seems, mainly at non-football things...it's very annoying indeed.

7 hours ago, Makedonas said:

What?! :yikes:

People always say Greek and Lithuanian surnames sound similar (because of the -s endings), but Pavlidi surely has Greek origins? I've never heard of Greeks living in Lithuania except if they played basketball there, what's his story?! I'm very curious...

Could be some similarities yes, for example your nickname perfectly translates to Macedonian in Lithuanian, wouldn't even need to change a single letter.

Your question caused me to go on a google rampage and I found some info.

Arijus Pavlidi was born and raised in Vilnius, Lithuania, he has now moved to train in Thailand.

His grandpa was Greek and moved to live in Lithuania.