website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics LEN European Championships 2022

Totallympics

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Since it seems that every option I potentially have to watch swimming (NOS, BBC, Belgian and German TV) entirely ignored the 50m backstroke and 1500m freestyle finals: were they any good or is there no sense in trying to find a replay and I'd better just check the result? :p 

https://sportsfeed.gr/romi-2022-protathlitis-eyropis-o-christoy/

You can watch the 50m backstroke here

GOLD for Christou in the men's 50 backstroke! :clap:

After bronze medals in the 100 in London, Glasgow, and Budapest, he finally won gold at the European Championships. I hope he can do it in the 100 too.

Also he has a history of swimming faster in the heats/semifinals than final, so I'm glad that was not the case this time and he was able to win gold. I believe this is only our 6th European swimming gold ever.

He has improved a lot the last few years, I think he has a chance for a medal in Paris if he keeps this up, we'll see.

Sad that Ntountounaki doesn't get a medal this time, 4th in the 50 fly (same result as last year) and 5th in the 100 fly (she won gold last year).

If anyone was uncertain of swimming having an abundance of relays.. It is just the third Long Course Euros for Freya Anderson and already she has 8 golds (all from relays) and 15 in total (12 from relays) with 2 other relays still to come in Rome. 

34 minutes ago, rybak said:

Well, nobody did mention about it, but I think its still worthy to note it as girl from :BIH did win medal yesterday, which is rare when Bosnia wins medal anywhere. She is good talent or it was just random medal?

Pretty good talent I would say. Made it to the final at both 100 and 200 butterfly at world championships. Won medals in all three butterfly distances at European juniors and I believe also won 2 gold at the Mediterranean games. She's had a really busy schedule this summer so her times havent been as strong at these championships. Hopefully she can win a medal in two years in Paris.

1 hour ago, rybak said:

Well, nobody did mention about it, but I think its still worthy to note it as girl from :BIH did win medal yesterday, which is rare when Bosnia wins medal anywhere. She is good talent or it was just random medal?

she's a very good talent, but she's managed very poorly...

she competed in way too many events this summer, she should save herself for more selected appearances to be more effective...

by the way, last night part of the infrastructure in Ostia, where the Open Water Swimming competitions will be held, has been damaged by the bad weather...

therefore the Open Water events have been rescheduled and will start on Friday instead of Thursday to complete the necessary repairings...