website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics LEN European Championships 2022

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

In the olden days a wolf was the symbol of Rome.  This time: a labrador.  :roflmao:

she's one of the mascots of the championships...there's also a male dog, a Terranova (60+kg :yikes:), both are life-saving trained dogs...

Just now, phelps said:

she's one of the mascots of the championships...there's also a male dog, a Terranova (60+kg :yikes:), both are life-saving trained dogs...

Yeah, that’s what the BBC commentators thought.  Funny thing is, Labradors were originally bred in Scotland for duck hunting - ie going into the water & finding birds that had just been shot.

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Well, sure did not see that coming :d 

Yeah that 4x200m was a complete surprise to me. But it also felt like there was barely any competition, I only recognised Hosszu and Steenbergens names I believe.

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

Our TV literally interrupted the Football European cup match by a live coverage from this, first, I will not lie, I was shocked what the hell they are doing, until I heard Nagy is in the final :lol: Yeah, a Slovak swimmer in the individual final is sort of once in a decade holiday, so a proud public TV of its name can not miss that :p

Anyway, Richard finished last, so TV returned back to Rakow-Trnava/Steaua-DAC footballs 

meanwhile our public TV stopped the live broadcast to send a useless edition of the news (they have at least 6 or 7 a day, not that losing one of the minor editions would make any damage), missing all the semis of the women's 200m Back and the men's 100m Breast...

in the next few days, most likely they're going to miss some finals (and possibly some Italian medals)...

typical RAI...:hairpull: :redcard:

Speaking of the outdoor pool and the weather:

I think the 2006 European Championships in Budapest was the last big international swimming event in an outdoor pool where a session had to be suspended due to a storm. I remember that the Hungarian Eurosport commentators had to use their own phones the next day to broadcast the event because the storm wrecked the commentator stand. They had to flee the stand live on air when the storm hit the pool. 

Absolutely ridiculous! Sara Junevik is out even if she had the 4th best qualification time. Why? Yes because Sweden is only allowed to have two swimmers in the semifinals. Sjöström and Hansson were better then poor Junevik is out. So now swimmer with worse time qualify just because they are from another country. This is not fair. :(

31 minutes ago, Belle said:

Absolutely ridiculous! Sara Junevik is out even if she had the 4th best qualification time. Why? Yes because Sweden is only allowed to have two swimmers in the semifinals. Sjöström and Hansson were better then poor Junevik is out. So now swimmer with worse time qualify just because they are from another country. This is not fair. :(

Italy also had the top four in the heats in the women's 100 breast. Would you prefer they just limit entries to two like at the Olympics and Worlds?

55 minutes ago, Belle said:

One point of the Champs is to allow as many swimmers as possible to establish world rankings, so they allow lots more athletes to compete than the Olympics, Worlds etc.