website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics LEN European Championships 2022

Totallympics

No 4x100 freestyle men relay for us here, sad :/

Rūta Meilutytė 2nd in 50m Breaststroke and 5th in 100m Breaststroke by season bests.

Kotryna Teterevkova 6th in 100m Breaststroke and 2nd in 200m Breaststroke

Danas Rapšys 4th in 200m Freestyle and 6th in 400m Freestyle

Andrius Šidlauskas 4th in 100m Breaststroke and 5th in 200m Breaststroke

Medals could be abundant, but the margin for no medals is always very thin. I believe the most in Rūta, Rapšys was injured during Worlds, so perhaps he'll be strong here? Andrius tends to do well, but I think two finals without medals is the best that he can do here. As for Teterevkova, she has every chance to claim her very first senior medal, but only if the nerves don't get to her, she had this chance at Worlds too in 200m and didn't take it. 

11 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

An international swimming championship in an outside pool with the sun rising :wub:

Wish I could see it now, but at least I can in the finals sessions :d 

By the way, does anyone know what DNS-M means? Did Not Start...Maybe?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

17 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

An international swimming championship in an outside pool with the sun rising :wub:

Roman pool has a view of the Vatican.  According to my map of Ancient Rome, the swimming pool was also an Olympic swimming pool in Roman times, but of course it was only 100 pedes long in those days.  :teacher:

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

To be fair, the level of this morning seems really low.. 

I'm happy because Nyls Korstanje has gone sub-23 in the 50m fly as first Dutch man ever :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Good start to the Championships for team BG, as Miladinov makes the final in the 50 fly, which is his second best discipline. 

By the way, Italy is going to easily win the medal table here. That strong team, which we saw at the Worlds is going to snatch a lot of wins here. Also, having an outside pool is a choice. I know it's not the first time it's happened, but it's not that common the last few years. I wonder what happens, if it rains :d