website statistics

Sprint Canoeing ICF World Championships 2022

Totallympics

:SVK  Mini-team for Halifax

It will be a purely male affair in Canada for Slovak canoeing sprint.

K1 1000m            Peter Gelle

K2 1000m           Samuel Baláž – Denis Myšák

K1 500m              Milan Dörner

K2 500m              Erik Vlček – Adam Botek

K4 500m              Samuel Baláž – Denis Myšák – Csaba Zalka – Adam Botek

K1 5000m           Milan Dörner

C1 1000m           Matej Rusnák

C1 500m              Matej Rusnák

C1 5000m           Matej Rusnák

The :HUN team has a lot of changes compared to Tokyo, none of the Olympic champion athletes from women's K4 boat are returning, so don't expect a gold medal in that event this time. Women's K4 will probably be :POL v :NZL now that our team is young and Belarus isn't there. Bálint Kopasz is the only Hungarian Olympic champion from Tokyo who will be at this WCh. This WCh will be a great test before the Olympic qualification, we have to find out if we can move on to the next generation. As far as I know our junior results have been quite good over the years, but that doesn't guarantee success every time (*khm* women's handball *khm*)

Well, it does not look as bad as it was presented before the race.

What a finish of our K4, that last 200m man ! that was something :hyper: it is a pity that the track was not 10 centimeters longer. :p We have to go to the semi-finals now, but if the lads will perform there like they did today, there is nothing to fear about the qualification for the Final A.

image.png

The race is around 1:20:00 from the start of the broadcast

1 hour ago, phelps said:

very good heat by our men's C2 (likely, our best chance to qualify to Paris...the new set of boats really killed us, with no more men's K1 200m...:facepalm:)...

Oh well. 200 m events were a thorn in the eye for many ever since their introduction. No wonder the number of 200 m events just kept dropping and dropping.

#banbestmen

41 minutes ago, dcro said:

Oh well. 200 m events were a thorn in the eye for many ever since their introduction. No wonder the number of 200 m events just kept dropping and dropping.

well, not that I don't agree with you ;) (I always sustained that Canoe should take a distance and use only that as the olympic distance -500m or better, 1000m for all disciplines), but I also have to notice that the men's K1 200m is the only race where we won a medal in the last 4 Olympics...:facepalm: