website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

5 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Anyone knows why MJ Dos Santos and Tang Xijing didn't perform in AA final?

Hopefully no injuries...

They both performed terribly on Team Final. I guess they are both mentally injured and it takes some time to recover.

6 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Congrats @thiago_simoes @vinipereira great to see Andrade win!!! She could have done it Tokyo already but we will wait for Paris!

Uneven bars was a scary moment here, looks like she had to improvise a bit but she held it well. I'm so happy for this gold medal.

Thank you! She lost at least 0.6 in execution with that mistake on bars, and she also had a nervous beginning on beam and lost two connections (lower difficulty) but when she realized she messed up, she tried a new connection she has never done before (and nailed it). At that point I knew she would be World Champion. Very few gymnasts have shown this level of quick thinking on beam. In recent years, only Mustafina and Sanne Wevers that I can recall from the top of my head.

33 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

What an odd decision for the Egyptians to withdraw... Final alone would have been a pretty big deal.

Surely it can't be something as dumb as having accommodations reserved for qualification only? Can it?

#banbestmen

27 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

At the halfway mark, the difference between the third place and twelfth place is only 0.799. Currently, Jake Jarman sits in 12th. I have a feeling I know where this will end.

Up to 6th after four rotations and cut the deficit to 0.566 so he has a chance. Still no way he closes the gap, right?

Edited by JoshMartini007

10 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Up to 6th after four rotations and cut the deficit to 0.566 so he has a chance. Still no way he closes the gap, right?

No - although he is strong on the floor, he doesn't have enough difficulty on the high bar to challenge for medal so the conspiracy theorists can all breathe a sigh of relief.

after 5 Rotations, :JPN Hashimoto has 72.765, :CHN Zhang 72.332, :JPN Tanigawa 71.631, :USA Hong and Malone plus :PHI Yulo are in the 70.X.

:USA Malone has the Floor left, all the others will be on the Horizontal Bar.

I think those are the only people left in the medal race (with the top 2 fighting for Gold and Silver and the others for Bronze).