website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Ridiculous that GB get a medal despite some terrible routines :rolleyes:

I think GB benefitted from the fact that with the exception of China and to lesser extent Japan, all of the teams had terrible routines.

Realistically, the bronze medal was always likely to be a fight between GBR, ITA and USA and fortunately for GBR they were able to limit the damage to Pommel and were decent on the rest whereas ITA and USA were off their game on 2 of the apparatus.

This should definitely be a wake-up call for the GB team that they will be in a dog-fight if they are hoping to medal in Paris. 

48 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Italy lost in the end, and Great Britain made full use of the judges' gifts. A bronze medal with scores in the range of 10, 12 and 12 on the pommel horse. 

Japan also had a really bad day. I cannot even say I'm excited after watching this. I feel sad, really. 

Another disappointing team final. 

Frankly everyone performed awfully on the PH. China managed to score 41 but no one else managed to get more than 38 which is why GB's 35 didn't cost them in the end. Add to that that everyone had at least one bad piece of apparatus and some more. Going into the last round I thought that the US had the advantage but then they produced the worst performance of any team on that apparatus. Pity about the sour grapes.

50 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Ridiculous that GB get a medal despite some terrible routines :rolleyes:

Given that every team produced some poor routines, e.g. the average score on PH was 12 point something, presumably you think that no one should have won a medal. 😎

16 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

Frankly everyone performed awfully on the PH. China managed to score 41 but no one else managed to get more than 38 which is why GB's 35 didn't cost them in the end. Add to that that everyone had at least one bad piece of apparatus and some more. Going into the last round I thought that the US had the advantage but then they produced the worst performance of any team on that apparatus. Pity about the sour grapes.

13.833 for Jake Jarman's vault both underrotated and counting a fall.

Sour grapes? I guess that there's something rotten somewhere in FIG's headquarters. A lesson for the future: any country that wants to automatically qualify teams for the Olympics no matter what happens should just volunteer to host the World Championships.

Edited by thiago_simoes

4 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

13.833 for Jake Jarman's vault both underrotated and counting a fall.

Sour grapes? I guess that there's something rotten somewhere in FIG's headquarters. A lesson for the future: any country that wants to automatically qualify teams for the Olympics no matter what happens should just volunteer to host the World Championships.

And yet oddly you don't mention the Brazilian vaulter who touched the mat with his backside and scored 13+

4 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

And yet oddly you don't mention the Brazilian vaulter who touched the mat with his backside and scored 13+

A deep squat is a 0.5 deduction.

Underrotation = difficulty devalued. Touching the hands on the floor is a 1.0 deduction.

I get it that basically everybody performed horribly except for China, and that silver and bronze medals would be awarded no matter how poorly countries performed. But between Italy and Great Britain, I really don't know which one got more overscored today. Of course, the gymnasts have nothing to do with it. A medal is a medal, so more power to them. But if one cares about the performances rather than national flags, it's sad to see FIG playing favorites here.

Edited by thiago_simoes

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

:CAN Black scored 14.033 on the Vault, :GBR Gadirova a suspicious 14.400 on the Floor...

therefore, Gadirova is the main candidate to get the bronze medal (unless :USA Carey scores around 14.800, which is unlikely with today's judges)  

every score for GB is precisely calculated.