website statistics

Shooting ISSF Pistol & Rifle World Championships 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I was checking the results and comparing it with the medal table on ISSF website. it seems ISSF didn't count two events in its medal table. apparently both "Women's 50m Pistol" events (medalists: Senior :CHN:AUT:AZE and Junior :IND:IND:IND).

any reason behind that ? is it a new event for women and it was just demonstration ? or that was just a mistake ?

Just want to make something clear about the counting, especially on what position the shooter places in the final. 

About those who are in the medal match, there is no doubt, but I am sometimes a bit confused about those who make it to the final but not to the medal match. Will make an example of the Rapid Fire Pistol. 

5th :GER Christian Reitz (14pts) - 5th place because he finished 3rd in his Ranking match and has highest points of those non-qualified

6th :CHN Lu Zhiming (13pts) - Because he finished 3rd in his ranking match and has lower points than Reitz

7th :CZE Matěj Rampula (13pts) - Because he finished 4th in his ranking match and cannot be placed above Lu (same amount of points) because of the 4th place in the ranking match

8th :GER Florian Peter (12pts)  - Because he places 4th in his ranking match and has the lowest point of all. 

This is my understanding. Please, can anybody confirm it or possibly correct it? Thank you!

24 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Just want to make something clear about the counting, especially on what position the shooter places in the final. 

About those who are in the medal match, there is no doubt, but I am sometimes a bit confused about those who make it to the final but not to the medal match. Will make an example of the Rapid Fire Pistol. 

5th :GER Christian Reitz (14pts) - 5th place because he finished 3rd in his Ranking match and has highest points of those non-qualified

6th :CHN Lu Zhiming (13pts) - Because he finished 3rd in his ranking match and has lower points than Reitz

7th :CZE Matěj Rampula (13pts) - Because he finished 4th in his ranking match and cannot be placed above Lu (same amount of points) because of the 4th place in the ranking match

8th :GER Florian Peter (12pts)  - Because he places 4th in his ranking match and has the lowest point of all. 

This is my understanding. Please, can anybody confirm it or possibly correct it? Thank you!

It’s correct.

1. 3rd in ranking match would only ranked 5th or 6th. 4th would only be ranked 7th or 8th.

2. To compare the 3rd or 4th in different group, firstly to compare points, if the same then compare qualification ranking.

3. If the 3rd and the 4th in same group share the same points, compare qualification ranking. if the 2nd and 3rd in the same group share the same points, there will be a off-shot.

So according to the complicated rules, even :CHN shot 12 points, he would also get the quota ahead of :CZE with 13 points. But fortunately he didn’t make that happen. 

Edited by Vic Liu

8 hours ago, MHSN said:

I was checking the results and comparing it with the medal table on ISSF website. it seems ISSF didn't count two events in its medal table. apparently both "Women's 50m Pistol" events (medalists: Senior :CHN:AUT:AZE and Junior :IND:IND:IND).

any reason behind that ? is it a new event for women and it was just demonstration ? or that was just a mistake ?

yes, it might well be that this is a non official event, as it's never been contested before in any official competition.

like a sort of demonstration/training event. 

:mumble:

however, imho, there are way too much (senseless) events in this championship.

first, they should separate the juniors from the seniors...as it stands right now, it's really a mess.

then, I think that all the team events (except for the Olympic mixed ones) are really redundant, especially those with only 6/7 Nations competing.

23 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

It’s correct.

1. 3rd in ranking match would only ranked 5th or 6th. 4th would only be ranked 7th or 8th.

2. To compare the 3rd or 4th in different group, firstly to compare points, if the same then compare qualification ranking.

3. If the 3rd and the 4th in same group share the same points, compare qualification ranking. if the 2nd and 3rd in the same group share the same points, there will be a off-shot.

So according to the complicated rules, even :CHN shot 12 points, he would also get the quota ahead of :CZE with 13 points. But fortunately he didn’t make that happen. 

Thanks Vic. Just wanted to make it clear. As the system always changed after every Olympics 🤣🤣. Anyways, China dif not dissappoint at all. On the contraty, earning so many medals and quotas in all disciplines. Really cool. Not, let'd leave some spots for other nations 😅😅. Btw there already some pretty young (teenage) athletes who can already shoot the world level 💪💪