website statistics

Shooting ISSF Shotgun World Championships 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 hours ago, Andry84 said:

I think It doesnt work likes that, if Eliiot was in final, the last spot would have gone to the third with best score in oth semifinals, in this case Al Athba Who scored 28....

yes, that's the rule.

the two 3rd ranked shooters in the ranking matches are the 5th and 6th in the final standing based on the ranking matches scores -only if they're still tied, the ranking of the qualification stage is the next criteria to separate those 2.

Men's Individual Skeet

Ranking Match #1, Results

1. :USA Vincent Hancock, 27 (Q)

2. :SWE Stefan Nilsson,  26 (Q)

3. :CZE Radek Prokop,  25

4. :ITA Gabriele Rossetti,  17

Ranking Match #2, Results

1. :EGY Azmy Mehelba,  28 (Q)

2. :QAT Rashid Saleh Al-Athba,  28 (Q)

3. :USA Christian Elliot,  27

4. :QAT Eric Delaunay,  17

Edited by phelps

:ITA Italy 1 vs :GBR Great Britain 1 is the Gold Medal match in the Mixed Team Skeet

:KAZ Kazakhstan 2 vs :GBR Great Britain 2 and :USA USA 2 vs :FRA France 1 are the Bronze Medal matches.

the finals should start in a few minutes...

Edited by phelps

Mixed Team Skeet

Gold: :GBR Great Britain 1 (Amber Hill & Ben Llewellin)

Silver: :ITA Italy 1 (Diana Bacosi & Gabriele Rossetti)

Bronze: :FRA France 1 (Lucie Anastassiou & Eric Delaunay) and :KAZ Kazakhstan 2 (Assem Orynbay & Eduard Yechshenko)

Edited by phelps

1 hour ago, Quasit said:

Wait, so Team Skeet/Trap has one bronze medal-winning team but Mixed Team Skeet/Trap offers two bronze medals?
I don't get it. :d 

because in the same gender team event there is only 1 team per Nation, as all the 3 athletes are used in the team, meanwhile in the mixed team event there are up to 2 teams per Nation (each team is made of just 1 man and 1 woman).

Moreover, the mixed team events are "olympic events" (alternating every 4 years, in Tokyo it was the Trap, this time it's Skeet), so they are considered more important and worth the double bronze (personally, I think it's aberrant, but that's what IOC and ISSF decided).

I'd rather change the competition format, if we need to keep on having this team event at the Games...instead of using just 1 day for qualification and direct medal matches, I'd like to see the qualification round on 1 day and then a full 8-team bracket with QTFs, SFs and 1 Bronze and the Gold medal matches on the second day...it would be a lot more exciting and it would give more (theoretical) tv time to this event.