website statistics

Women's Water Polo LEN European Championship 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Greece in 2004 was not granted field hockey teams...

I don't know how it worked back then, but this time both teams had to be ranked in the Top 25.

I can't wait to see both the male and the female US handball teams in Los Angeles :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

I don't know how it worked back then, but this time both teams had to be ranked in the Top 25.

I can't wait to see both the male and the female US handball teams in Los Angeles :rolleyes:

The home Olympics can provide miracles, I still do remember :AUS Handball teams in Sydney, where everyone expected 40-50 goals deifferences and to be fair they did not perform so bad at all :)

also at recent history just look at :CHN Ice Hockey in Beijing, 3 years before the games people (Including me expected even results attacking triple-digit) but they did pretty well at the end (Sure without NHLers it was somehow easier, but still there were the best European Leagues players there so still a respectable display for them...)

On 8/28/2022 at 9:26 PM, Dunadan said:

It was: the last world league Top 2 (what are they going to do with it this year? I don't know) qualify, then 4 from this year's wch, then 3 more from the ECh

So :ESP:GRE:ITA:NED:HUN:ISR are qualified for next WCh. First time for Israel. If one or two of these teams will be in top 2 of the World League Super Final, :FRA and then :CRO are next in line.

On 9/8/2022 at 3:26 AM, hckošice said:

The home Olympics can provide miracles, I still do remember :AUS Handball teams in Sydney, where everyone expected 40-50 goals deifferences and to be fair they did not perform so bad at all :)

At Athens 2004, our baseball and softball teams did quite well! They won some games, although most of the athletes were Greeks from the United States and Canada of course.

So in the end we lost to Spain, another silver medal for us :cry:

I was out to a dinner with colleagues so I didn't get to watch, but I see our girls missed 2 penalties...

In the end I am glad we won a medal at least, and our girls are really young, only one player over age 25 (Margarita Plevritou is 27).

Throughout 2021 and 2022 our national teams won 8 silver medals and 4 bronze medals, still 0 gold...maybe 2023 will be our year :d

We won the tournament (again) with more than half of the team being under 22yo including the MVP of the team and the new goalkeeper. :cool:

Still the team can't compete against the American girls, but at least we have a very high win-rate against Hungary and Greece. Italy and the Netherlands are a little bit tougher for us.