website statistics

Women's Water Polo LEN European Championship 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Btw, how many qualify for the World Championships out of here? FINA is not very known for their transparent qualification systems, but I'm guessing Top 6 is likely enough. :d

It will be a challenge, but who knows, it is possible. It will all come down to that certain 5th-8th place playoff match.

#banbestmen

Wow :NED 13 - 4 :HUN is a surprising result to read in waterpolo. I believe we've got some young talented girls with Simone van der Kraats (21) and Lola Moolhuijzen (17).

PS why is it that strong waterpolo countries on the men's side are barely present on the women's side, like :SRB:CRO:MNE ?

15 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

Wow :NED 13 - 4 :HUN is a surprising result to read in waterpolo. I believe we've got some young talented girls with Simone van der Kraats (21) and Lola Moolhuijzen (17).

PS why is it that strong waterpolo countries on the men's side are barely present on the women's side, like :SRB:CRO:MNE ?

because of cultural issues...

in the former Jugoslavija they always said that waterpolo isn't a woman's game (too physical and tough, according to them) and they never really tried to develop the woman's game...

even the greatest coach ever, Ratko Rudic, used to say that women shouldn't play waterpolo...:facepalm:

13 minutes ago, phelps said:

because of cultural issues...

in the former Jugoslavija they always said that waterpolo isn't a woman's game (too physical and tough, according to them) and they never really tried to develop the woman's game...

even the greatest coach ever, Ratko Rudic, used to say that women shouldn't play waterpolo...:facepalm:

Hm, i don't think so......women's wp just started with competitions in mid 80s but became Olympic sport just in 2000.......we competed in one Ec in 90s but there were always 3-4 clubs in the biggest cities.....just in latest years women's wp started with more serious work (also Ec had only 8 teams, it was not easy to catch up with the best)

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Btw, how many qualify for the World Championships out of here?

It was: the last world league Top 2 (what are they going to do with it this year? I don't know) qualify, then 4 from this year's wch, then 3 more from the ECh

So a top 6 here is surely enough given that at least HUN, NED, ITA are qualified, but a 7th place should be enough too.

And it just got worse for us. :ITA beat :ESP which means that we will most likely play against Spain in the QFs. And we NEVER beat Spain in women's water polo. It's going to be a 5th place for us at these Euros, at best. 

If everything goes as expected, the semi-finals will be...

:NED v :ESP 

:GRE v :ITA 

(I assume that the Dutch will beat Greece this time in our group.)

Honestly, at this point it might be better for us to lose against Croatia, just so we can play against Italy in the QF instead of Spain.