website statistics

Equestrian FEI Eventing & Driving World Championships 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

43 minutes ago, dcro said:

I've been following the live scores only so far.

:FRA Thomas Carlile's result is listed as under review. That is very strange.

I see there has been some complaints about a drone flying over the arena. I wonder if it's anything to do with that?

Christopher Wahler :GER  had a problem with this.

“But then he spooked at something when I tried to get in trot after entering the arena – there was a drone flying up there and I don’t know if it was that or something else, I have no idea, but for some reason I didn’t get the trot

Edited by Dragon
addition

14 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I see there has been some complaints about a drone flying over the arena. I wonder if it's anything to do with that?

Christopher Wahler :GER  had a problem with this.

“But then he spooked at something when I tried to get in trot after entering the arena – there was a drone flying up there and I don’t know if it was that or something else, I have no idea, but for some reason I didn’t get the trot

Carlile's score was in the end lowered by 1.2 (highered in terms of penalties), so in fact he received a deduction for some reason.

From what I've read, it seems to be a windy day in Rome area. At some point (before Jarno Verwimp came in for Belgium) the organizers decided to remove flower pots.

#banbestmen

Great Britain already dominating as expected, however I don't think it will be such a sweep individually after Day 2. Surely the eventing is the only sport where Brexit alone actually made GB stronger.

Excellent so far for New Zealand and United States. Monica Spencer really did hit one out of the park here. This is her first ever competition outside of Australia and New Zealand, so yeah, it was pretty impossible to compare her form to those in Europe and North America. Oceanian circuit is no joke, and it's always pretty great to see their federations sending some completely new names for the championships and those same names delivering.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

16 minutes ago, dcro said:

Great Britain already dominating as expected, however I don't think it will be such a sweep individually after Day 2. Surely the eventing is the only sport where Brexit alone actually made GB stronger.

Why would Brexit make GB Eventing stronger?