website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

2023 Arctic Winter Games begin the this weekend. Eight teams competing this time, with mostly youth/junior competitions being held. 

Official Website: https://awg2023.org

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russia throwing around the idea of a SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization) Games again. 

Link: https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/35863392/russia-offers-host-multi-sports-event-eight-countries

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Russia throwing around the idea of a SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization) Games again. 

Link: https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/35863392/russia-offers-host-multi-sports-event-eight-countries

Because no-one wants a pan-Slavic games, not even :BLR.  :d

• 2 weeks later...

IWGA announced the candidates for their upcoming executive board elections earlier this week…

José Perurena will be the only candidate running for President.

Edited by Olympian1010

:KOS bidding for the 2030 Mediterranean Games. It would be their first foray into hosting a multi-sport competition.

The 2022 Mediterranean Games must have given Algeria some street credit in the international sports world because I’m seeing some Algerian news outlets reporting the country will resurrect and host the Pan Arab Games this summer. I couldn’t find anything specific on the UANOC website, but there was a Arabic press release posted to Twitter that I couldn’t translate, so maybe there’s some news about it on there @thepharoah @tuniscof @amen09?

46 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The 2022 Mediterranean Games must have given Algeria some street credit in the international sports world because I’m seeing some Algerian news outlets reporting the country will resurrect and host the Pan Arab Games this summer. I couldn’t find anything specific on the UANOC website, but there was a Arabic press release posted to Twitter that I couldn’t translate, so maybe there’s some news about it on there @thepharoah @tuniscof @amen09?

It says it is confirmed that Algeria will host Pan Arab Games 2023