website statistics

Women's Handball IHF World Championship 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Women's Handball IHF World Championship 2023

DEN.gifNOR.gifSWE.gif Various Cities (DEN/NOR/SWE) - 29 November 2023 - 17 December 2023 DEN.gifNOR.gifSWE.gif

30112022-worldcup.jpg

Official Website 112255r04u4pz70n9mu99d.png
Programme 114826ez87b86sig8ubgz8.png
Results System 112255r04u4pz70n9mu99d.png
Results Database 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png
Facebook Page 000832qcaljaxz2cfx2jfq.png
Discussion Thread 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png
Edited by Sindo

• 7 months later...

The Uruguayan women's national team did not compete at the South American repechage tournament for the 2023 World Cup, due to lack of budget.

Unfortunately, this is not unusual at all here...

https://www.futbol.com.uy/Deportes/Seleccion-femenina-de-handball-no-viajo-al-repechaje-y-se-quedo-sin-chances-de-Mundial-uc847143

• 2 months later...

The eight best nations are pre-seeded in the WCh:

A: :SWE    C: :NOR 
B: :MNE    D: :FRA

E: :DEN    G: :ESP 

F: :GER    H: :NED 

This normally means a quarterfinal for :NED against Norway or France, in my opinion the two best teams in the world. Both are already qualified for the OG, so the winners of A/B/E/F are playing for the third place and the Olympic spot.

Countries ranked 4 to 9 will play an OQT. I think it's really unfair that the number 9 ends up in the easiest OQT-poule with only 1 other European country.

3 hours ago, CCB said:

The eight best nations are pre-seeded in the WCh:

A: :SWE    C: :NOR 
B: :MNE    D: :FRA

E: :DEN    G: :ESP 

F: :GER    H: :NED 

This normally means a quarterfinal for :NED against Norway or France, in my opinion the two best teams in the world. Both are already qualified for the OG, so the winners of A/B/E/F are playing for the third place and the Olympic spot.

Countries ranked 4 to 9 will play an OQT. I think it's really unfair that the number 9 ends up in the easiest OQT-poule with only 1 other European country.

Hmm, this doesn't sound very hopeful for the Dutch team. It sounds like they'll need a really strong OQT performance where they beat at least one and probably multiple of the listed top 8 countries?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Thagard said:

Greenland looks set for a final against Mexico, organizing this year's Nor.Ca. Women's Handball Championship.

Winner gets the ticket to the World Championships.

Surely not set just yet as :MEX still has three games left in group stage including this eveningʻs match against :CAN. But, yes, :GRL has looked the best so far.

17 hours ago, owenp_23 said:

Surely not set just yet as :MEX still has three games left in group stage including this eveningʻs match against :CAN. But, yes, :GRL has looked the best so far.

Yes, after tonight matches :CAN looks favorite for 2nd place and final against the hosts.

However :GRL seems from another league and I sure hope unless disaster strikes to watch them produce nice handball at the Worlds and even going to the second round at least.