website statistics

Fencing FIE World Championships 2022

Totallympics

31 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

eh, the graphics with the lights at the bottom are ahead of the action by a couple of seconds, by the time it happens you already know the outcome. 

eh, I noticed that a bit later...

I was so happy that there was a working streaming that I spoke/wrote too early...:facepalm:

Pakdaman once against lost another QF :cry::(

he really has to learn how to control his nerves, he easily loses his temper and Bazadze did everything he could to make it happen. that was dirty but worked well for Georgia

so, finally we know the semifinalists (medallists) from today's events...

in the women's Epee, it's :GER Alexandra Ndolo vs :ITA Rossella Fiamingo and :HKG Vivian Kong Man Wai vs :KOR Song Se Ra

in the men's Sabre, it's :FRA Maxime Pianfetti vs :ROU Iulian Teodosiu and :HUN Aron Szilagyi vs :GEO Sandro Bazadze

I just can't believe Teodosiu made it through to the medals...:facepalm:

his dirty and provoking attitude this time did pay off big time (he's lucky I'm not a ref...he would easily end up with a black card)...

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

Yay, it had to happen eventually, Szilágyi finally wins his first ever individual WCh after 3 Olympic gold medals. 

tbh, he was gifted the world title...the last hit was judged the opposite of what all the refs did all day long (included a couple of hits in the same final a bit earlier)...

on the other hand, an Italian ref was not going to call the match for a French guy for any reason...:lol:

Men's Individual Sabre

Gold: :HUN Aron Szilagyi

Silver: :FRA Maxime Pianfetti

Bronze: :GEO Sandro Bazadze & :ROU Iulian Teodosiu

Semifinals

Szilagyi b. Bazadze 15-11

Pianfetti b. Teodosiu 15-11

Final

Szilagyi b. Pianfetti 15-14

Full Ranking & Results

https://fie.org/competitions/2022/246?tab=results

Just now, phelps said:

tbh, he was gifted the world title...the last hit was judged the opposite of what all the refs did all day long (included a couple of hits in the same final a bit earlier)...

on the other hand, an Italian ref was not going to call the match for a French guy for any reason...:lol:

Oh no,i dont think so, It was the other One that was gifted to french Guy, they both were clearly Szilagy' s attacks, there was no pause and the First Attack reached the target both times..Sometimes referees are going to search something that doesnt exist.

Women's Individual Epee

Gold: :KOR Song Se Ra

Silver: :GER Alexandra Ndolo

Bronze: :ITA Rossella Fiamingo & :HKG Vivian Kong Man Wai

Semifinals

Ndolo b. Fiamingo 15-10

Song b. Kong 14-9

Final

Song b. Ndolo 11-10

Full Ranking & Results

https://fie.org/competitions/2022/241?tab=results

1 minute ago, Andry84 said:

Oh no,i dont think so, It was the other One that was gifted to french Guy, they both were clearly Szilagy' s attacks, there was no pause and the First Attack reached the target both times..Sometimes referees are going to search something that doesnt exist.

maybe, but if they were consistent all day with a certain call, they just can't do the opposite on the last one of the day...

I mean, Curatoli was called the same way (first attack no, the counter hits) at least 3 times against Teodosiu (last hit included)...and also Samele's last hit against Pianfetti was exactly the same...

p.s. and I'm not sure they were always wrong...

p.p.s. consistency is the main rule about refereeing...in any sport...if man is not consistent, then it's all open for manipulation and injustice...