website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2022 - 2023 Discussion Thread

New generation standing up in Romania? Lorincz was usually the number one..

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/results.html?sectorcode=CC&raceid=41667

Of course I don't know if this is one of those usual Eastern European races where races are not always won on the track, so to say :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 4 weeks later...

Results of the last stage of the 9th season of the Brazilian rollerski circuit, where Bruna was - for the first time - not the winner in the women's category. She won the first season, tied with Gabi Neres, and won the 7 next seasons. Obviously she didn't compete this year.

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/event-details.html?sectorcode=CC&eventid=51368&seasoncode=2023

Some good observations:

- First ever win for young Wilbert Rodrigues, a seriously impressive skier to watch. 

- Good amount of new young girls joining the FIS races, one or two of whom seem to be pretty promising for the next few years. They're 15 now, so plenty of time to grow, but boy does their technique look better than the 15-year olds of a few years ago!

- The skiathlon, a rarity in the Brazilian circuit. Didn't catch the men's race, but I heard it was a really nice sprint finish. The women's race started with Gabi having the race of her life, gaining over half a minute in the 5k classic part - 10 seconds in the ski exchange alone. Awesome to finally see her start all-in, even though Mika Picin unsurprisingly caught up to her and clearly beat her in the freestyle part. Especially for the youngest girls, 10k is quite a new experience, and unlike the other races, which were at 08.30 or so, this race started at 10.40 in the morning, when it was already seriously burning hot. One of the young girls apparently fainted on the top of a climb, but got back up, finished the race and collapsed again right after the finish. The stand-by ambulance rushed to the finish line, and a little bit later she was transported off to the hospital. Last I heard is that she was doing relatively alright, so that's good.

Apart from being sick in the first days, it was fun to watch a stage again after three years :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...

We have races on TV today, just as for the biathlon last week.  Classic sprint races from Sweden

Längdskidor: Bruksvallarna – Sammandrag av sprintprolog samt finalen | SVT Play

And Sprint races from Norway - remember, it doesn't work from the Direkte / Live page, only from individual Sport - Langrenn - page.

Langrenn – I dag kl. 13:10 – Klassisk sprint, finaler – NRK TV

And same thing tomorrow & Sunday. 

Same programme for both countries, would you believe

Friday - Classic sprints

Saturday - Classic middle distance ITT

Sunday - Freestyle middle distance ITT

Very possibly from Finland as well, but my brain would explode if I tried. 

Edited by Grassmarket

46 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

We have races on TV today, just as for the biathlon last week.  Classic sprint races from Sweden

Längdskidor: Bruksvallarna – Sammandrag av sprintprolog samt finalen | SVT Play

And Sprint races from Norway - remember, it doesn't work from the Direkte / Live page, only from individual Sport - Langrenn - page.

Langrenn – I dag kl. 13:10 – Klassisk sprint, finaler – NRK TV

And same thing tomorrow & Sunday. 

Same programme for both countries, would you believe

Friday - Classic sprints

Saturday - Classic middle distance ITT

Sunday - Freestyle middle distance ITT

Very possibly from Finland as well, but my brain would explode if I tried. 

Finnish Cup unfortunately is heavily geo-blocked...:facepalm:

7 minutes ago, phelps said:

Finnish Cup unfortunately is heavily geo-blocked...:facepalm:

And also not happening this weekend :p 

There's Sweden, Norway and rollerskiing near Santiago :CHI this week :d 

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And also not happening this weekend :p 

There's Sweden, Norway and rollerskiing near Santiago :CHI this week :d 

and what's that thing listed for tomorrow at 12.05 local time on YLE TV2? :rolleyes: :p

https://arenan.yle.fi/tv/guide?t=2022-11-19

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

and what's that thing listed for tomorrow at 12.05 local time on YLE TV2? :rolleyes: :p

https://arenan.yle.fi/tv/guide?t=2022-11-19

Huh, I had not counted on non-FIS races :p 

Women´s sprint in Bruksvallarna:
1. Emma Ribom 2. Johanna Hagström 3. Frida Karlsson

Dahlqvist and Dyvik in a crash (as well as Karlsson) in the semis. Sundling sick and not participating, and Linn Svahn still injured.

Men´s sprint:

1. Calle Halfvarsson 2. Oskar Svensson 3. Alvar Myhlback (16 years old!!)

Edited by Swewi