website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2019 Thread

Dragon

But I mean, seriously. Doping can get in the body through contamination, we all know that I suppose, it's been proven again and again. But why not say "I didn't take anything, and we're going to try our best to find out how this happened?" (no matter if you're actually guilty or not - although the amount of respect I lose for doped athletes is significantly lower when they simply immediately admit) instead of immediately coming up with "baby did it". Is she or her team really that stupid?

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

OMG! Russia? No way :yikes:

*Pretends to be shocked*

Only way to fix the situation in Russia is to provide a more severe ban. We all know that won't happen though...

Edited by intoronto

And you guys don't even know what is happening all those years in China :-D Since they first went to Olympics. 

Russia was found out because the language is just accessible to many people. Even tough the country is trying to cut itself from the world. China? Pity to speak. I have lived here 4 years. And things you find out ..., Well...,. 

1 hour ago, Jan Linha said:

And you guys don't even know what is happening all those years in China :-D Since they first went to Olympics. 

Russia was found out because the language is just accessible to many people. Even tough the country is trying to cut itself from the world. China? Pity to speak. I have lived here 4 years. And things you find out ..., Well...,. 

I've been waiting for two hours for you to continue your post after 'Well.....' :p 

So....?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I've been waiting for two hours for you to continue your post after 'Well.....' :p 

So....?

Sorry, went to sleep. Well, when you speak to people who work and some spheres. And they tell u what is really happening but nobody can talk about it. If somebody found out, you might ... Ehm..... Let's say .... dissapear.... Typical example of a case is the manipulation with birth dates of chinese gymnasts during Beijing 2008. Many people know nobody can talk about it and outsiders will never find a proof because access everything in English is nearly impossible and many official systems are big mess. And if G-ment corrects some stuff, nobody ever finds out. I also heard that some "doping doctors" are giving under "high supervision" to the athletes some stuff based on chinese medicine//treatmemt ways. That is supposed to be the "grey zone" ...... I don't have any paper proofs, just what I hear from people who work at some certain positions. 

hace 28 minutos, Jan Linha dijo:

Sorry, went to sleep. Well, when you speak to people who work and some spheres. And they tell u what is really happening but nobody can talk about it. If somebody found out, you might ... Ehm..... Let's say .... dissapear.... Typical example of a case is the manipulation with birth dates of chinese gymnasts during Beijing 2008. Many people know nobody can talk about it and outsiders will never find a proof because access everything in English is nearly impossible and many official systems are big mess. And if G-ment corrects some stuff, nobody ever finds out. I also heard that some "doping doctors" are giving under "high supervision" to the athletes some stuff based on chinese medicine//treatmemt ways. That is supposed to be the "grey zone" ...... I don't have any paper proofs, just what I hear from people who work at some certain positions. 

China is a dictatorship.... I'm not even surprised with this. 

Just now, Jan Linha said:

I am kind of disappointed with this explanation. It's not that I'm implying you are lying or anything, it's just that we've had all sorts of rumors for years, and when I thought you had inside information or tangible evidence, you just added more fuel to the rumors, but nothing really concrete.

The scandal about the age of gymnasts in 2008 is some sort of US-fueled conspiracy theory. I don't doubt Chinese gymnasts were underage, but most of the talks after the Olympics come from sore losers who blindly defend the US gymnasts, even though they did not deserve to win the team title that year. I know that underage is underage, so if the Chinese gymnasts were really less than 16, the US should win, but we need evidence.