website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2022

Totallympics

12 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

I know I'm biased because we won a medal, but I really enjoyed that mixed medley. It's chaos, but in the end the finish was super close with the exception of the USA.

I like it too. My issue with the mixed relay for athletics and swimming at the Olympics is that they already have split events. You can have one or the other, but not both.

9 hours ago, Werloc said:

You can think whatever you want, this is one of those rare cases where it is quite evident, if you know some very undelightful details, that she used this ban as a form of escape. You have absolutely no idea what she lived through, the fact that she came back like this is astonishing. 

She was one of the most tested Lithuanian athletes from 2012 to 2018, instigating that she used doping when her results got bad and after she already won it all is pretty stupid.

Is it good that she purposefully missed her doping tests? No. But she was done, she thought she would never swim competitively again and she used the safety net of the ban so that she wouldn't have to make that choice herself and that the federation & media would stop pestering her about the upcoming 2020 Olympics.

You don't know what it was like for Meilutytė when she stopped winning gold and immediately the journalists and many many sports fans turned on her, made fun of her body, harrassed her and all that.

People are so mean.  This is so disgisting hearing about this.  And then some people wonder how come a person is going through depression.  

9 hours ago, Werloc said:

You can think whatever you want, this is one of those rare cases where it is quite evident, if you know some very undelightful details, that she used this ban as a form of escape. You have absolutely no idea what she lived through, the fact that she came back like this is astonishing. 

She was one of the most tested Lithuanian athletes from 2012 to 2018, instigating that she used doping when her results got bad and after she already won it all is pretty stupid.

Is it good that she purposefully missed her doping tests? No. But she was done, she thought she would never swim competitively again and she used the safety net of the ban so that she wouldn't have to make that choice herself and that the federation & media would stop pestering her about the upcoming 2020 Olympics.

You don't know what it was like for Meilutytė when she stopped winning gold and immediately the journalists and many many sports fans turned on her, made fun of her body, harrassed her and all that.

1) You also have no idea how she felt.

2) It doesn't matter how she felt. Would be absolutely crazy if you could just claim to have depression and then you would get a pass to dope without anyone testing you. Sad that she stole a medal, hopefully she will disappear again soon.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.