website statistics

Slalom Canoeing ICF World Cup 2022

Totallympics

14 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

I noticed last week there were two :IRL paddlers in one of the men’s finals: that can’t gave happened very often either.  [ @hckošiceproduces long list going back to 1922]

You Right, according to my brief records it never happen before.

But speaking about :IRL canoeing Slalom, do not forget the country has already European Champion in M K1 (Iain Wiley 1996, a true legend, who won also 4 WC races and had a couple of other podiums including at Junior major Tournament) and more recently a Silver medal in M C1 Team of all (2020 https://123result.blob.core.windows.net/canoe/CS_2020/201201/1374/MC1x3_TFI_20@Results.pdf)

Every single time I watch this, I say myself that if ICF competent people alongside of the IOC erudite people selected this "event" to the Olympics it must have something in it I sill could not find for everything on earth and it just must be... will certainly be better when that special thing will occur...but every single time I watch this I know that nothing will happen and miraculously save or improve this stupidity...

In other words, for you guys who never saw it, Extreme Kayak will be the most stupid, unfair and absurd discipline of the whole Paris 2024 program. Mark my words, you will either shake your head or cry while watching it in 2 years time..., totally unjustified inclusion to the Olympic program..

complete crap

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

What is extreme kayak? Several kayaks doing the course at the same time?

previously known as "canoe slalom cross" was suddenly changed to the name "extreme kayak", sounds more urban...

Short track, everyone has small dumb boat, everyone has to make a so-called "eskimo" deliberately overturn the boat at some place ! during the run, the most aggresive one (who has no limits to kill his opponents in the water ) will win... gladiator-like supposed entertainment show shit on stupidly designed kayaks

4 minutes ago, hckošice said:

previously known as "canoe slalom cross" was suddenly changed to the name "extreme kayak", sounds more urban...

Short track, everyone has small dumb boat, everyone has to make a so-called "eskimo" deliberately overturn the boat at some place ! during the run, the most aggresive one (who has no limits to kill his opponents in the water ) will win... gladiator-like supposed entertainment show shit on stupidly designed kayaks

So you’re a fan?