4. :FRA - 52

5. :IRL - 52

6. :FIJ - 36

7. :GBR - 36

8. :JPN - 21

9. :ESP - 17

10. :CAN - 16

11. :BRA - 11

New Zealand holds a commanding lead thanks to winning a third straight event while Australia finished 5th. It would take a horrible performance to lose the title now. Qualification to the Olympics is in a similar boat with Ireland holding a 16-point lead over Fiji and Great Britain. It's technically not over, but just reaching the quarterfinals is all Ireland needs now.

24 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

How do you fancy Team Poland :POL chances to qualify for Paris in Women's 7s???

They are not the favourites to qualify, but will have a chance at grabbing the final quota. With France taking the host quota and Russia being banned from the qualifiers this is a good opportunity for Poland.

Still, Great Britain would have to grab the European quota to give Poland their best chance. At the final qualifier they would have to defeat favourites Spain and the non-qualifier between Japan/China.

2023 European Games will be held basically in my backyard.

I think Rugby7s tournaments will be one of the most interesting things here. Olympic qualifier. We'll see what POL does here. I may go to watch it. I prefer men's competition in rugby though.

Can anyone clarify how the host country is handled? The document states France are “guaranteed” a spot and they’re already out of the European games

But do the top 4 non-French qualifiers get the World Series spots or does a nation need to finish in the top 4 to get one?

4 minutes ago, dodge said:

Can anyone clarify how the host country is handled? The document states France are “guaranteed” a spot and they’re already out of the European games

But do the top 4 non-French qualifiers get the World Series spots or does a nation need to finish in the top 4 to get one?

I think that if France finish in the top 4 of the World Series then the 5th place team gets an automatic place at the Olympics

Pretty much. :NZL :AUS :USA will likely mathematically guarantee themselves an Olympic quota next round leaving Ireland to finish things up, possibly in round 6. We are down to long shot scenarios like Ireland missing out in the quarters at the last three stops or Fiji/Great Britain making a run to the final and Ireland failing to make the quarters.