website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread

OlympicIRL

@Vektor thought you might be interested to know that a Hungarian song popped up on one of my personalized music discovery playlists. I probably won’t add this song to my fabled main playlist, but it seems like a really nice song. I found the translated lyrics to be a little confusing though. It’s certainly the kind of song that earn a few of my points at a TISC :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...

It's always frustrating when an artists makes an album that's technically eligible for the Annual contest, but the lyrics that they adapting into their album aren't original, which makes them ineligible for Annual.

I would be too afraid to send her anyway because this isn't something that ever gets a lot of points in a song contest, so she works as an example as something that I find too "out there" as a submission. But she (Deva) is on my radar just in case she makes something more mainstream in the future, she's already getting a lot of acclaim in the Hungarian music industry.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was really conflicted whether or not I should submit the most popular Hungarian artist of the year for TISC and in the end I decided to go with something more underground. Yeah, that didn't go well for me in TISC. :d The said popular artist, Azahriah, is actually becoming too big to ignore, I am pretty sure that I will submit him for Annual very soon just to see how international his appeal is. I think at this point he is the most successful Hungarian artist born after 2000. The reason why I didn't submit him for Annual this year is because his music isn't really what wins TISC, but he is making hits after hits, so I can't avoid this submission much longer.

Two more hits released in the past month...

I didn't have a final shortlist this year like I normally do but nevertheless, these are some of the songs that missed out on the Irish TAISC selection:

Dermot Kennedy - Kiss Me

Moncrieff - Perfect

CMAT - Every Bottle Is My Boyfriend

Cian Ducrot - I'll Be Waiting

Picture This - Get On My Love