website statistics

Badminton 2019 Discussion Thread

Griff88

12 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Mia Blichfeld is still part of the nationalt team. It seems that the conflict is a closed chapter for the players, and they will try to look forward.

Hans-Kristian Vittinghus, who was the player's spokesman during the conflict, also encourages everyone to look forward. He said at a meeting before the first training after the conflict, that the players agreed on this. 

- The ladies singles need Mia because she is one of the very best we have here at home, and Mia also needs the others, so it is stupid if there is someone bearing a grudge over something that happened during the conflict.

The news about Bo Jensen is true, but Badminton Denmark still has full confidence in him.

@wumo26

But why did Bo Jensen falsify the documents here? What does he gain from falsifying the documents?

14 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Mia Blichfeldt is still part of the national team. It seems that the conflict is a closed chapter for the players, and they will try to look forward.

Hans-Kristian Vittinghus, who was the player's spokesman during the conflict, also encourages everyone to look forward. He said at a meeting before the first training after the conflict, that the players agreed on this. 

- The ladies singles need Mia because she is one of the very best we have here at home, and Mia also needs the others, so it is stupid if there is someone bearing a grudge over something that happened during the conflict.

The news about Bo Jensen is true, but Badminton Denmark still has full confidence in him.

@wumo26

I guess you still remember the Danish cookies and Danisa cookies drama last time right? A conflict of the sponsorship issues that happened in year 2015 right? Thus causing Denmark to send a very weak team to play in Sudirman Cup 2015 right?

@wumo26

The Mia Blichfieldt story is true. I read that she is no more in the national team saying that because she is the first one to sign that agreement to enter the national team so she is also the first one to get lost from the national team now. The rest are still intact in the national team except for Boe and Mogensen. So is this true somehow? You know I am very surprised as to how so much of drama in Danish badminton? What causes all these drama actually?

6 minutes ago, up and down said:

@wumo26

But why did Bo Jensen falsify the documents here? What does he gain from falsifying the documents?

To clarify, Yonex says Bo Jensen has tampered with one our their document, but Badminton Denmark denies that. 

"The accusations are unfounded, since the working document that is the subject of the accusations correctly describe Yonex Japan's perception on how players, sponsored by Yonex, can be used by Badminton Denmark in our marketing," says René Toft, chairman of Badminton Denmark. 

9 minutes ago, up and down said:

@wumo26

I guess you still remember the Danish cookies and Danisa cookies drama last time right? A conflict of the sponsorship issues that happened in year 2015 right? Thus causing Denmark to send a very weak team to play in Sudirman Cup 2015 right?

I do remember that conflict. It was solved and they agreed on a mutual agreement. 

7 minutes ago, up and down said:

@wumo26

The Mia Blichfieldt story is true. I read that she is no more in the national team saying that because she is the first one to sign that agreement to enter the national team so she is also the first one to get lost from the national team now. The rest are still intact in the national team except for Boe and Mogensen. So is this true somehow? You know I am very surprised as to how so much of drama in Danish badminton? What causes all these drama actually?

Where have you read that? Link?

I read she is still on the national team for the Mixed European Championship. 

This is where I read this: http://sport.tv2.dk/badminton/2019-02-14-blichfeldt-er-overrasket-over-hvordan-hun-er-blevet-behandlet. It's in Danish, but google translate should do the work. 

It's the same with our national football team. Many players nowadays have many personal sponsorship deals with bigger companies, who wants the players exclusively for them self. This conflicts with the association who also expects to have exclusive marketing rights of the players when they are part of the national team. Because many of the players only uses Badminton Denmark's facilities, coaches, doctors etc... when training, Badminton Denmark expect them to do more marketing for their sponsors. 

Viktor Axelsen almost never train in Denmark because he is such a big name in China. Most of his sponsorship deals and training facilities are there, but somehow, Badminton Denmark has an personal agreement with him that allow them to use him in their marketing. 

It's quite confusing to be honest, and I don't fully understand why it's was so difficult to find a mutual agreement between the players and Badminton Denmark. 

Just now, wumo26 said:

To clarify, Yonex says Bo Jensen has tampered with one our their document, but Badminton Denmark denies that. 

"The accusations are unfounded, since the working document that is the subject of the accusations correctly describe Yonex Japan's perception on how players, sponsored by Yonex, can be used by Badminton Denmark in our marketing," says René Toft, chairman of Badminton Denmark. 

I do remember that conflict. It was solved and they agreed on a mutual agreement. 

Where have you read that? Link?

I read she is still on the national team for the Mixed European Championship. 

This is where I read this: http://sport.tv2.dk/badminton/2019-02-14-blichfeldt-er-overrasket-over-hvordan-hun-er-blevet-behandlet. It's in Danish, but google translate should do the work. 

It's the same with our national football team. Many players nowadays have many personal sponsorship deals with bigger companies, who wants the players exclusively for them self. This conflicts with the association who also expects to have exclusive marketing rights of the players when they are part of the national team. Because many of the players only uses Badminton Denmark's facilities, coaches, doctors etc... when training, Badminton Denmark expect them to do more marketing for their sponsors. 

Viktor Axelsen almost never train in Denmark because he is such a big name in China. Most of his sponsorship deals and training facilities are there, but somehow, Badminton Denmark has an personal agreement with him that allow them to use him in their marketing. 

It's quite confusing to be honest, and I don't fully understand why it's was so difficult to find a mutual agreement between the players and Badminton Denmark. 

Can you understand Mandarin? I got it from a mandarin article.

3 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Maybe with some help from google translate. 

You see I am not good in Mandarin and myself. That is why I cannot really understand the content of what is written as well and need someone to explain what the whole article is talking about.