website statistics

Women's Boxing IBA World Championships 2022

Totallympics

Why boxing is a joke exhibit 146435:

Yesterday in Women's World Championship, in 60kg bout betwen :IND and :THA, in first round, 4 of the 5 judges gave :IND the round 10:9 while the 5th judge gave :THA round 10:8. Similarly, in the next two rounds as well, the same 4 judges gave us round 10:9 and 5th judge gave :THA round 10:9. Now, since I didn't watch the fight I can understand 2nd and 3rd rounds. But, how in the world can 4 judges think that boxer A edged a round while 5th judge thinks that boxer B completely dominated the round. This just doesn't make any sense. 

25 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Yesterday in Women's World Championship, in 60kg bout betwen :IND and :THA, in first round, 4 of the 5 judges gave :IND the round 10:9 while the 5th judge gave :THA round 10:8. Similarly, in the next two rounds as well, the same 4 judges gave us round 10:9 and 5th judge gave :THA round 10:9. Now, since I didn't watch the fight I can understand 2nd and 3rd rounds. But, how in the world can 4 judges think that boxer A edged a round while 5th judge thinks that boxer B completely dominated the round. This just doesn't make any sense. 

They always say they’re giving marks “for good defense”.  It’s crazy, in what other martial art do you get marks for defense?  If you don’t defend yourself, you end up on your back, that’s how you tell if someone’s defending.

1 hour ago, Dolby said:

The same is happened in a bout between Mesiano (ITA) and Yldiz (TUR): Mesiano wins for 4 judges, one of them for 30:26. Only a drunked french judge have gave the win at Yldiz.