website statistics

Early Qualification Predictions for your Nation at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Dnl

Israel:ISR

Archery 1- : after a great last Olympics we could have at least one man in, less of a chance for the young talented men's team imo

Athletics 11-12-  we will have between 5-6Marathon runners + Adva ,selamawit ,Diana in women's track Hannah in women's field Blessing in men's track and Yonatan in men's field anyone else i belive will be a great suprise.

Badminton -2 same as last time (i hope at least now they will also compete in XD

Basketball - 0-8  the 3x3 men an women are in decent place to qualifiy, can see it happening 

Boxing - 0-2 i know there are few who try to qualify the young Lia pukkila and pherhaps one guy can  

Breaking - 0-1 one B-girl or B-boy i think could get in

Canoeing - 0

Cycling -  4-6 one man and one woman in road category rotem tene (and maybe Mikhail Iakovlev if everything wil work out:fingers:)  will be debut for us in track, and maybe one man and woman in MB.

Equestrian -4-8 the jumping team will most likely qualify again, and i know there is a drassage team who will try too, if not the team i think at least one could get in

Fencing -0-16 a real "between 0-all" the teams at the moment looking sharp and they got nice results in foil and epee but we are use to see none over the last games so i think we might see 2 individuals in totals or maybe even a team.

Field Hockey -0

Football - 0- men's u21 qualified for the euroes and consisted of some of the u-19 runner-ups so tiny chance probs no

Golf -0

Gymnastics - 10-11 the rythmic team already in and i pretty sure we will have 2 individuals too, in addition gold-winner dolgopiyat and another man (medvedev i think) will qualify along with 1 or 2 in women.

Handball - 0

Judo - 12-14 muki is a big mystery and the 100k+ is too, other then this we should be could with top judokas all around.

Modern Pentathlon - we have Sharon tal in women's MP she is very talented paris is too soon for her imo.

Rowing -1-2 Dani friedman and Daniel will try to qualfiy this time.

Rugby sevens - 0

Sailing - 6-12 we got into other types of boats and the results are getting better very fast

Shooting - 2-3: one man and one women in 10m rifle (m/w/xd) and maybe tal engler in women's 50m 3p. 

Skateboarding - have no clue.

Sport climbing - 0-3 we have Ayala kerem and the boys 

Surfing - 0-2 Anat Lalior could go for her 2nd games and maybe one guy can too.

Swimming - 14-18 : a young bunch of swimmers could join the gang from Tokyo  

Other Aquatics - 2-20- 2 in artistic duet and maybe the team and maybe maybe the women water polo team that made huge progress over the last 3 years,.

Table Tennis - :

Taekwondo -1-4 Avishag Semberg should qualify and maybe Nimrod and ori and Dana Azran who won 2nd in last world championships

Tennis - 0

Triathlon - 1 

Volleyball - 0-2 man beach vollyball can do it.

Weightlifting - 1-4 Litvinov and pherhaps  Nikol Celia and Nikol's husbend Stanislav.

Wrestling - 1-5 we have the Finesilver bro's and maybe suprise in women or men.

Total:  anything between 71-140is(no chance) in reality between 75-100 and it will be great :yes

Edited by Dnl

:wITA:Italy

Archery : the dream Is the full team bug It Will be hard, i would say 3 men and 1 women. 4

Athletics: we can qualify all the relays ( probably women 4x400 Will be the harder ti qualify), i think around 55

Artistic swimming : full team 8

Badminton : very difficult to qualify 1 man. 0

Basketball : i Hope we qualify 1 team among men and women, i dont think we Will qualify in 3x3 this time . 12

Beach volleyball : i think 2 men couple and 1 women. 4-6

Boxing: 4 women and 4 men 7-8

Breaking: i dont know, probably 1 women is very likely. 1

Canoeing slalom: the goal Is the full team . 4

Canoeing sprint: i think and hope to qualify both c-1 and c-2 and probably K 1, obviously all men. 4

Cycling BMX : 1 man. 1

Cycling Mountain bike: 2 men and 1 woman. 3

Cycling Road : we are in the worst period ever for men Road race, i think 3 men and 4 women 7

Cycling track: both men and women pursuit, Madison and omnium, the dream Is to come back in 1 individuale sprint event . 8-9

Diving: not Easy to say, i think at least 1 syncronized springboard, then 1 or 2 individuale in platform. 4-6

Equestrian: we must qualify both eventing and jumping this time, but im not sure at all. 3-6

Fencing:  full team . 18

Field hockey: very slim chance for women . 0

Football: no chance for women, a slim chance for men. 0

Golf : 2 men and 1 or 2 women. 3-4

Gymnastics artistic: i Hope both teams but for men It Will be a Battle. 6-10

Gymnastics rhytmic: full team despite the last scandal. 7

Trampolino: we have a small chance this time 0-1

Handball: Oh, my God......0

Judo: we can try to qualify more than the last times. 10-11

Modern pentathlon: I think we Will go with 2 women and 1 man. 3

Rowing: difficult to say because almost all the crews are going to change, probably 13 men and 8 or 10 women. 21-23

Rugby sevens: no chance. 0

Sailing: the hardest to qualify Will be both 49ers. 10-12

Shooting: full team in skeet, probably only 3 in trap, 2 in rifle, 2 or 3 in pistol. 10-13

Skateboarding: i dont know, probably the same as Tokyo, 2 men and 1 woman.3

Sport climbing:we should qualify more than 1 in both men and women. 4-6

Surfing :1 men. 1

Swimming: more men than women, i think around 35. 30-36

Table tennis: 1 women. 0-1

Taekwondo: 2 men are very likely, the goal Is to bring back 1 woman After many, many years. 2-3

Tennis : from 6 to 8

triathlon: 4-5

Volleyball: both teams. 24

Water polo: man for sure, difficult for women.   12

Weightlifting: i think 3 are sure but the goal Is the full team. 3-6

Wrestling: the goal Is to qualify 1 woman. 2-3

The Total should be around 320-330 athletes

Edited by Andry84

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:GBR   Team Great Britain Early(ish) Qualification Predictions  :GBR

I did this in August last year before any qualification really started, but now we are getting in to qualifying season I'm providing an update on where Great Britain in heading, with more detail in some sports.

Archery

3-6 athletes - I still think women's team is virtually guaranteed with the new qualification system of world rankings. For the men it is possible but they will have to qualify through other means.

Artistic Swimming

0-2 athletes - Too early to see if there are any changes, a chance of receiving a retrospective European games Duet spot after reallocation of Team Quotas for other nations.

Athletics 

65 - 75 athletes - The news here is much more negative with British athletics new selection policy. Here is a more detailed breakdown of what I would expect.

Women's (32 athletes)

100m and 200m - A full six athletes due to our relay team. With some various members of that team running the individuals

400m and 400m Hurdles - Again, six athletes due to relays. Probably 3 athletes from flat and 3 from hurdles.

800m - 3 athletes: Keely Hodgkinson, Jemma Reekie and Ellie Baker, although one spot could be taken if Laura Muir tries the double.

1500m - 3 athletes: Laura Muir, Adelle Tracey and one other.

5000m and 10000m - 3 athletes: Eilish McColgan and Jessica Judd will qualify for both, with Amy Eloise Markovic for the 5000m

100m Hurdles - Cindy Sember will be the sole representative.

3000m Steeplechase - Elizabeth Bird and Aimee Pratt like in Tokyo.

Marathon - 3 Entrants likely with already 2 qualifications

High Jump - Morgan Lake should qualify but she is quite inconsistent. 

Long Jump - Jasmine Sawyers and Lorraine Ugen

Triple Jump - 0 athletes

Shot Put - 0 athletes

Discus Throw - 0 athletes

Hammer Throw - 0 athletes

Women's Javelin Throw - 0 athletes

Heptathlon - 2 athletes - KJT and hopefully Holly Mills

20km Race Walk - 0 athletes

Men's (34 athletes)

100m and 200m - A full 6 athletes due to our relay team. Same as women here.

400m and 400m Hurdles - 5 athletes as Charles Dobson runs to 200m. Cameron Chalmers our sole representative in the hurdles.

800m - 3 athletes: Max Burgin, Kyle Langford and Ben Pattison, Jake Wightman might also attempt the double.

1500m - 3 athletes due to such great depth. Jake Wightman and two others.

5000m and 10000m - 4 athletes will qualify across the two disciplines.

110m Hurdles - David King and Maybe Andrew Pozzi.

3000m Steeplechase - Zak Seddon and Phil Norman through world ranking

Marathon - 3 athletes should qualify.

High Jump - Joel Clarke Khan and Tom Gale by World ranking

Long Jump - 0 Athletes

Triple Jump - 0 Athletes 

Shot Put - Scott Lincoln by world rankings

Discus throw - Lawrence Okoye.

Hammer Throw - Nick Miller by World Rankings

Javelin Throw - 0 Athletes

Decathlon - 0 Athletes

20km Race Walk - Callum Wilkinson 

Badminton

3-8 athletes - Kirsty Gilmour in Singles, Ben Lane and Sean Vendy in Men's Doubles are my confidents, Alexander Dunn and Adam Hall are possible, as well as Marcus Ellis and Lauren Smith, and the latter with Chloe Birch.

Basketball

0 - 12 athletes - Men are almost impossible, but women have a chance if they find their eurobasket 2019 form. I didn't realise how close they were to qualifying to Tokyo.

Boxing

5-9 - Based on European Championships we would have qualified: Kiaran Macdonald (-51kg), Mohammed Akbar (-71kg), and would have been very close for                    Reese Lynch (-63.5kg), Lewis Williams (-92kg) and Delicious Orie (+92kg).

On the women's side, we wouldn't have qualified any athletes but would have been close with Shona Whitwell (-60kg), Rosie Eccles (-66kg). This is of                      course a very rough estimate as we have other boxers not competing and there are other qualification paths.

Breaking

1-3 Athletes - For Men i think we can qualify Kid Kharam and Sunni Brummit, and for the the women I think Emma Houston.

Canoe 

Sprint - 2-5 Athletes - Women's K4 500m have a shout, but the K2 500m should qualify, on the men's side, our best chance is Daniel Johnson in the K1 1000m

Slalom - 3-4 - Really should be four with athletes in all categories.

Cycling

Track - 14 athletes - We are currently comfortably qualifying a full team of 14 riders. The squad I'm most worried about is the men's sprint but it's not a major                                              problem.

Road - 5-7 athletes - We are currently qualifying 5 athletes, 2 for women and 3 for men, but we can definitely improve both up a category

Mountain bike - 2-4 athletes - We are currently on 3 athletes total, 1 for women and 2 for men, but I think we can gain 4/4 quotas with Evie Richards and Annie                                    Last contenders in the women's.

BMX 5-9 athletes - On the men's side we are currently edging Colombia for that 3rd spot on world rankings, on the women's side we only have 1 but 2 is within                                       reach. For Park we could qualify 4/4 but it will be tough with the nature of the Olympic Qualifier Series.

Diving

10-12 athletes - Behind China, Great Britain seems to be the "best of the rest and I think we can qualify a full squad like Tokyo, with the athletes being.

Men's 3m - Jack Laugher and Jordan Houlden

Men's 10m - Tom Daley and Matty Lee

Women's 3m - Yasmin Harper and Desharne Bent-Ashmeil.

Women's 10m - Andrea Spendolini-Siriex and Lois Toulson.

Equestrian

9/9 athletes - Already qualified full quotas.

Fencing 

1-5 athletes - Carolina Stutchbury is a chance in the Women's Foil, the same with William Deary in the men's Sabre. The men's team foil are ranked 9 in the world                            and could qualify.

Field hockey 

16-32 athletes - Both teams are medal hopes and should qualify at the world qualification tournament. 

Football

0-18 athletes - No chance for the men's team and no official conformation on the women's. The introduction of the nations league qualification system should                                  help.

Golf

4-5 athletes - With the qualification system we are almost guaranteed to get 2 golfers per gender, the is a chance, albeit small one, that we can get 3 male golfers.

Gymnastics

Artistic - 10/10 athletes qualified at the worlds.

Rhythmic - 0-1 athletes - Marfa Ekimova may qualify in the all-around.

Trampoline - 2-3 athletes - Andrew Stamp for the men and Bryony Page and maybe Isabella Songhurst.

Handball

0 athletes - No chance

Judo

4-8 athletes - The women's side is very strong with Chelsie Giles (-52kg), Lele Nairne (-57kg), Lucy Renshall (-63kg), Katie Jemima Yeats-Brown (-70kg) and                                   Natalie Powell (-78kg), all qualifying. On the men's side it is a different story with Lachlan Moorhead (-81kg) receiving a continental quota and                                    Jamal Petgrave (-90kg), just sneaking in.

Modern Pentathlon 

3-4 athletes - I would expect to take a full set of quota places here, especially with Bath hosting the world championships.

Rowing

40-48 athletes - We had a great world championships where we would have qualified in every race we entered. I'm expecting the same in 2023 with entrants in                                   every class this time.

Rugby seven's

12-24 athletes - On the women's side we are in contention from the world's sevens series, but if we don't then it's likely that spot will go to Ireland and we will                                      claim it at the Europeans. For the men's we need Ireland to qualify from the series so we can get the European Spot.

Sailing

12-14 athletes - We should claim quotas in every event but it is really hard to follow sailing so I can't tell what our strength is like right now.

Shooting

5-9 athletes - We have already qualified 4 athletes: Amber Hill, Seonaid McIntosh, Nathan Hales, and Lucy Hall. We can definitely qualify Kirsty Hegarty and Aaron                           Heading in Trap, and Ben Llewellyn in Skeet. There is a chance for Sam William Gowin in Rapid Fire pistol.

Skateboarding

2-3 athletes - Lola Tambling and Sky Brown should qualify in Women's Park, we could get someone else from the men's side.

Sport Climbing

1-2 athletes - Hamish MacArthur and Max Milne should qualify.

Swimming

30- 35 athletes - A mixture of old faces and new ones likely.

Men's (16 athletes)

50m Free - Ben Proud and Lewis Burras should qualify

100m Free and 200m Free - Tom Dean , Duncan Scott, Jacob Whittle, James Guy and Matt Richards should qualify for the Relay

400m Free plus - Dan Jarvis and Callum Jervis Should qualify.

100m and 200m Backstroke - Luke Greenbank and Broady Williams 

100m and 200m Breaststroke - Adam Peaty and James Wilby,

100m and 200m fly - Jacob Peters and the aforementioned James Guy

200m and 400m IM's - Max Litchfield along with some other already qualified Swimmers

Open Water - Hector Pardoe

Women's (15 athletes)

50m Free - Anna Hopkin

100m Free and 200m Free - Freya Anderson, Lucy Hope, Abbie Wood, Medi Harris, Tamyrn Van Selm and Holly Hibbot.

400m Free plus - Freya Colbert

100m and 200m Backstroke - Cassie Wild and Kathleen Dawson

100m and 200m Breaststroke - Imogen Clark

100m and 200m Fly - Laura Stevens

200m and 400m IM's - Alicia Wilson and Katie Shanahan

Open Water - Alice Dearing

Table Tennis 

3-5 athletes - Pitchford, Drinkhall and Ho should qualify, a men's team has a chance and maybe Anna Hursey.

Taekwondo

5-6 athletes - Women's 57kg, 67kg and +67kg should qualify, same for the men's 68kg and +80kg. 

Tennis

7-9 athletes - Norrie and Draper in men's singles, Raducanu in Women's and two men's doubles and one mixed doubles pair.

Triathlon

5-6 athletes - 4 already qualified with one more women expected, hard but not impossible for the men.

Weightlifting

2-4 athletes - Sarah Davies and Cyrille Thatchet have chances but Emily Campbell likely to qualify

Totals (Change from previous prediction)

Optimistic = 430 (+45)

Pessimistic = 291 (+22)

Expectation = 375+ (+25)

42 minutes ago, TeamGB said:

Agree we'll get 3 athletes but Adelle Tracey won't be one of them as she switched allegiance to :JAM last year

2 hours ago, TeamGB said:

:GBR   Team Great Britain Early(ish) Qualification Predictions  :GBR

I did this in August last year before any qualification really started, but now we are getting in to qualifying season I'm providing an update on where Great Britain in heading, with more detail in some sports.

Archery

3-6 athletes - I still think women's team is virtually guaranteed with the new qualification system of world rankings. For the men it is possible but they will have to qualify through other means.

Artistic Swimming

0-2 athletes - Too early to see if there are any changes, a chance of receiving a retrospective European games Duet spot after reallocation of Team Quotas for other nations.

Athletics 

65 - 75 athletes - The news here is much more negative with British athletics new selection policy. Here is a more detailed breakdown of what I would expect.

Women's (32 athletes)

100m and 200m - A full six athletes due to our relay team. With some various members of that team running the individuals

400m and 400m Hurdles - Again, six athletes due to relays. Probably 3 athletes from flat and 3 from hurdles.

800m - 3 athletes: Keely Hodgkinson, Jemma Reekie and Ellie Baker, although one spot could be taken if Laura Muir tries the double.

5000m and 10000m - 3 athletes: Eilish McColgan and Jessica Judd will qualify for both, with Amy Eloise Markovic for the 5000m

100m Hurdles - Cindy Sember will be the sole representative.

3000m Steeplechase - Elizabeth Bird and Aimee Pratt like in Tokyo.

Marathon - 3 Entrants likely with already 2 qualifications

High Jump - Morgan Lake should qualify but she is quite inconsistent. 

Long Jump - Jasmine Sawyers and Lorraine Ugen

Triple Jump - 0 athletes

Shot Put - 0 athletes

Discus Throw - 0 athletes

Hammer Throw - 0 athletes

Women's Javelin Throw - 0 athletes

Heptathlon - 2 athletes - KJT and hopefully Holly Mills

20km Race Walk - 0 athletes

Men's (34 athletes)

100m and 200m - A full 6 athletes due to our relay team. Same as women here.

400m and 400m Hurdles - 5 athletes as Charles Dobson runs to 200m. Cameron Chalmers our sole representative in the hurdles.

800m - 3 athletes: Max Burgin, Kyle Langford and Ben Pattison, Jake Wightman might also attempt the double.

1500m - 3 athletes due to such great depth. Jake Wightman and two others.

5000m and 10000m - 4 athletes will qualify across the two disciplines.

110m Hurdles - David King and Maybe Andrew Pozzi.

3000m Steeplechase - Zak Seddon and Phil Norman through world ranking

Marathon - 3 athletes should qualify.

High Jump - Joel Clarke Khan and Tom Gale by World ranking

Long Jump - 0 Athletes

Triple Jump - 0 Athletes 

Shot Put - Scott Lincoln by world rankings

Discus throw - Lawrence Okoye.

Hammer Throw - Nick Miller by World Rankings

Javelin Throw - 0 Athletes

Decathlon - 0 Athletes

20km Race Walk - Callum Wilkinson 

Badminton

3-8 athletes - Kirsty Gilmour in Singles, Ben Lane and Sean Vendy in Men's Doubles are my confidents, Alexander Dunn and Adam Hall are possible, as well as Marcus Ellis and Lauren Smith, and the latter with Chloe Birch.

Basketball

0 - 12 athletes - Men are almost impossible, but women have a chance if they find their eurobasket 2019 form. I didn't realise how close they were to qualifying to Tokyo.

Boxing

5-9 - Based on European Championships we would have qualified: Kiaran Macdonald (-51kg), Mohammed Akbar (-71kg), and would have been very close for                    Reese Lynch (-63.5kg), Lewis Williams (-92kg) and Delicious Orie (+92kg).

On the women's side, we wouldn't have qualified any athletes but would have been close with Shona Whitwell (-60kg), Rosie Eccles (-66kg). This is of                      course a very rough estimate as we have other boxers not competing and there are other qualification paths.

Breaking

1-3 Athletes - For Men i think we can qualify Kid Kharam and Sunni Brummit, and for the the women I think Emma Houston.

Canoe 

Sprint - 2-5 Athletes - Women's K4 500m have a shout, but the K2 500m should qualify, on the men's side, our best chance is Daniel Johnson in the K1 1000m

Slalom - 3-4 - Really should be four with athletes in all categories.

Cycling

Track - 14 athletes - We are currently comfortably qualifying a full team of 14 riders. The squad I'm most worried about is the men's sprint but it's not a major                                              problem.

Road - 5-7 athletes - We are currently qualifying 5 athletes, 2 for women and 3 for men, but we can definitely improve both up a category

Mountain bike - 2-4 athletes - We are currently on 3 athletes total, 1 for women and 2 for men, but I think we can gain 4/4 quotas with Evie Richards and Annie                                    Last contenders in the women's.

BMX 5-9 athletes - On the men's side we are currently edging Colombia for that 3rd spot on world rankings, on the women's side we only have 1 but 2 is within                                       reach. For Park we could qualify 4/4 but it will be tough with the nature of the Olympic Qualifier Series.

Diving

10-12 athletes - Behind China, Great Britain seems to be the "best of the rest and I think we can qualify a full squad like Tokyo, with the athletes being.

Men's 3m - Jack Laugher and Jordan Houlden

Men's 10m - Tom Daley and Matty Lee

Women's 3m - Yasmin Harper and Desharne Bent-Ashmeil.

Women's 10m - Andrea Spendolini-Siriex and Lois Toulson.

Equestrian

9/9 athletes - Already qualified full quotas.

Fencing 

1-5 athletes - Carolina Stutchbury is a chance in the Women's Foil, the same with William Deary in the men's Sabre. The men's team foil are ranked 9 in the world                            and could qualify.

Field hockey 

16-32 athletes - Both teams are medal hopes and should qualify at the world qualification tournament. 

Football

0-18 athletes - No chance for the men's team and no official conformation on the women's. The introduction of the nations league qualification system should                                  help.

Golf

4-5 athletes - With the qualification system we are almost guaranteed to get 2 golfers per gender, the is a chance, albeit small one, that we can get 3 male golfers.

Gymnastics

Artistic - 10/10 athletes qualified at the worlds.

Rhythmic - 0-1 athletes - Marfa Ekimova may qualify in the all-around.

Trampoline - 2-3 athletes - Andrew Stamp for the men and Bryony Page and maybe Isabella Songhurst.

Handball

0 athletes - No chance

Judo

4-8 athletes - The women's side is very strong with Chelsie Giles (-52kg), Lele Nairne (-57kg), Lucy Renshall (-63kg), Katie Jemima Yeats-Brown (-70kg) and                                   Natalie Powell (-78kg), all qualifying. On the men's side it is a different story with Lachlan Moorhead (-81kg) receiving a continental quota and                                    Jamal Petgrave (-90kg), just sneaking in.

Modern Pentathlon 

3-4 athletes - I would expect to take a full set of quota places here, especially with Bath hosting the world championships.

Rowing

40-48 athletes - We had a great world championships where we would have qualified in every race we entered. I'm expecting the same in 2023 with entrants in                                   every class this time.

Rugby seven's

12-24 athletes - On the women's side we are in contention from the world's sevens series, but if we don't then it's likely that spot will go to Ireland and we will                                      claim it at the Europeans. For the men's we need Ireland to qualify from the series so we can get the European Spot.

Sailing

12-14 athletes - We should claim quotas in every event but it is really hard to follow sailing so I can't tell what our strength is like right now.

Shooting

5-9 athletes - We have already qualified 4 athletes: Amber Hill, Seonaid McIntosh, Nathan Hales, and Lucy Hall. We can definitely qualify Kirsty Hegarty and Aaron                           Heading in Trap, and Ben Llewellyn in Skeet. There is a chance for Sam William Gowin in Rapid Fire pistol.

Skateboarding

2-3 athletes - Lola Tambling and Sky Brown should qualify in Women's Park, we could get someone else from the men's side.

Sport Climbing

1-2 athletes - Hamish MacArthur and Max Milne should qualify.

Swimming

30- 35 athletes - A mixture of old faces and new ones likely.

Men's (16 athletes)

50m Free - Ben Proud and Lewis Burras should qualify

100m Free and 200m Free - Tom Dean , Duncan Scott, Jacob Whittle, James Guy and Matt Richards should qualify for the Relay

400m Free plus - Dan Jarvis and Callum Jervis Should qualify.

100m and 200m Backstroke - Luke Greenbank and Broady Williams 

100m and 200m Breaststroke - Adam Peaty and James Wilby,

100m and 200m fly - Jacob Peters and the aforementioned James Guy

200m and 400m IM's - Max Litchfield along with some other already qualified Swimmers

Open Water - Hector Pardoe

Women's (15 athletes)

50m Free - Anna Hopkin

100m Free and 200m Free - Freya Anderson, Lucy Hope, Abbie Wood, Medi Harris, Tamyrn Van Selm and Holly Hibbot.

400m Free plus - Freya Colbert

100m and 200m Backstroke - Cassie Wild and Kathleen Dawson

100m and 200m Breaststroke - Imogen Clark

100m and 200m Fly - Laura Stevens

200m and 400m IM's - Alicia Wilson and Katie Shanahan

Open Water - Alice Dearing

Table Tennis 

3-5 athletes - Pitchford, Drinkhall and Ho should qualify, a men's team has a chance and maybe Anna Hursey.

Taekwondo

5-6 athletes - Women's 57kg, 67kg and +67kg should qualify, same for the men's 68kg and +80kg. 

Tennis

7-9 athletes - Norrie and Draper in men's singles, Raducanu in Women's and two men's doubles and one mixed doubles pair.

Triathlon

5-6 athletes - 4 already qualified with one more women expected, hard but not impossible for the men.

Weightlifting

2-4 athletes - Sarah Davies and Cyrille Thatchet have chances but Emily Campbell likely to qualify

Totals (Change from previous prediction)

Optimistic = 430 (+45)

Pessimistic = 291 (+22)

Expectation = 375+ (+25)

I agree with most of that/don't know enough at this early stage to form an opinion, however there are a few tweaks I'd like to make to some sports. 

Athletics - Under this new regime, I don't expect any athletes to get in via world rankings. Reynold Banigo is one to watch for Men's Long Jump, he's in fine form.

Football - I think you're unfairly writing off the U21's, they have the quality to get the quota for the men. 

Shooting - I reckon we can qualify as many as 10, we look in good nick in the rankings in most events. 

Swimming - We should send a full quota of relays this time round (yes, that includes you Women's 4x200m free relay). Half the women you included in the 100m + 200m free section will only do relays, Hopkin, Hope and Anderson will be the only individual competitors in those events. Holly Hibbott is more of a 400m swimmer than 200m, so she'll go for that and be entered into the 200m relay (met her at a local swimming comp about 5 years ago, lovely person). I can also see Greg Butler qualifying for the men's 200m breastroke. Shame we don't have anyone good in the women's 800m + 1500m free to complete a full set of quotas.    

8 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Football - I think you're unfairly writing off the U21's, they have the quality to get the quota for the men. 

Whilst they have the quality to qualify, I can't see a scenario where the Scottish and Welsh FAs agree to field a joint team. They had to be dragged kicking and screaming to the table in 2012 and that was for a home games. 

7 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Whilst they have the quality to qualify, I can't see a scenario where the Scottish and Welsh FAs agree to field a joint team. They had to be dragged kicking and screaming to the table in 2012 and that was for a home games. 

Players have a lot more power these days than they did 11 years, I'm sure a couple from both nations would push to be allowed to play in Paris (especially if neither nation qualifies for the Euros).  

Back in August 2022 I made predictions on which events Team Canada would qualify in (Totally unrealistic :lol:), but since Olympic Qualification has really been ramping up recently I’ve decided to do an in-depth updated version.

If any of you disagree with any of this, then please reply with changes you would make. 

Canada :CAN (T: 339-372 athletes)

Archery (2) - Crispin Duenas hasn’t competed since the Tokyo Olympics. If he’s gonna make a run for Paris (Crazily enough his 5th straight Olympics if he can qualify) then I have him securing a quota, otherwise it’ll probably go to Eric Peters. Stephanie Barrett is a safe bet for a quota on the women’s side.

Athletics (64) - 

Men’s Events (25)

100m - Andre DeGrasse, Aaron Brown, Jerome Blake

200m - Andre DeGrasse, Aaron Brown, Jerome Blake

800m - Marco Arop, Brandon McBride

1500m - William Paulson, Charles Philibert-Thiboutot, Cameron Proceviat

5000m - Justyn Knight, Mo Ahmed, Charles Philibert-Thiboutot

10000m - Mo Ahmed

Marathon - Cam Levins, Rory Linkletter, Ben Priesner/Trevor Hofbauer

400m Hurdles - Malik Metivier

3000m Steeplechase - John Gay, Matthew Hughes, Ryan Smeeton

High Jump - Django Lovett

Hammer Throw - Adam Keenan, Ethan Katzburg, Rowan Hamilton

4x100m Relay - Andre DeGrasse, Aaron Brown, Brendon Rodney, Jerome Blake

Decathlon - Pierce LePage, Damian Warner

20km Race Walk - Evan Dunfee

Women’s Events (39) :p

100m - Khamica Bingham, Crystal Emmanuel

200m - Natassha McDonald, Lauren Gale

400m - Natassha McDonald, Kyra Constantine

800m - Lindsay Butterworth, Madeline Kelly, Savannah Sutherland/Jazz Shukla/Melissa Bishop-Nriagu

1500m - Gabriella De-Bues Stafford, Lucia Stafford 

5000m - Julie-Ann Staehli, Kate Van Buskirk, Andrea Seccafien

10000m - Andrea Seccafien, Leslie Sexton 

100m Hurdles - Michelle Harrison, Mariam Abdul-Rashid

400m Hurdles- Noelle Montcalm, Sage Watson

3000m Steeplechase- Regan Yee, Ceili McCabe, Genevieve Lalonde

Marathon- Malindi Elmore, Natascha Wodak, Dayna Pidhoresky

Pole Vault- Alysha Newman, Anicka Newell

Long Jump- Christabel Nettey

Triple Jump- Mikeisha Welcome

Shot Put- Sarah Mitton, Brittany Crew

Discus Throw- Trinity Tutti

Hammer Throw- Camryn Rogers, Jillian Weir

Javelin Throw- Elizabeth Gleadle

Heptathlon- Georgia Ellenwood/Nicole Ostertag 

4x400m Relay- Kyra Constantine, Sage Watson, Natassha McDonald, Aiyanna Stiverne (A few of Madeline Price, Micha Powell, Alicia Brown for heats)

Artistic Swimming (8) - Unlike last Olympics I don’t have us securing qualification at the 2023 Pan-Am Games as United States have surpassed us in terms of recent success. Still I think we can qualify at the 2024 World Championships. 

Badminton (8) - Michelle Li in women’s singles. Brian Yang in men’s singles. Rachel Honderich/Kristen Tsai in women’s doubles. Adam Dong/Nyl Yakura in men’s doubles. Ty Lindeman/Josephine Wu in mixed doubles

Given the tough selection criteria, top 16 (singles), top 8 (doubles) the only semi-realistic chance at qualifying a second berth would be Wendy Zhang. Don’t see it happening. 

Basketball (28) - With Argentina not qualifying for the 2023 FIBA World Cup, its highly likely that we’ll get the second Americas spot (Behind United States) for Paris 2024. Women’s 3x3 team was dominant last year, and is a safe bet to qualify. Our women’s team will probably qualify too.  

Beach Volleyball (4-6) - Brandie/Melissa and Pavan/Bukovec in the women’s tournament. Maybe Schacter/Dearing through the NORCECA Olympic Qualification Tournament?? It’s all dependant on whether United States qualifies their two pairs through the world rankings. 

Boxing (5) - 

Tammara Thibeault- Women’s 75kg

Charlie Cavanaugh- Women’s 66kg

Priyanka Dhillon- Women’s 50kg

Scarlett Delgado- Women’s 54kg Caroline Veyre- Women’s 57kg

I’m predicting no male athletes will qualify this time with Keoma-Ali Al-Ahmadieh (Men’s 57kg) and Wyatt Sanford (Men’s 63.5kg) just missing out. 

Breaking (1-2) - Phil Wizard is of the worlds best b-boys he should qualify. Tiffany Leung also has a chance, but her only chance will be through the Olympic Qualifier Series. 

Canoe: Sprint/Slalom (16) - Don’t know the boats situation, but I’ll try my best. 

Women’s Canoe Sprint Events (13) 

Katie Vincent - C-1 200m / C-2 500m 

Sophia Jensen - C-1 200m / C-2 500m

Toshka Besharah-Hrebacka - K-2 500m / K-4 500m 

Adreanne Langlois - Women’s K-2 500m / K-4 500m

Michelle Russell -  Women’s K-1 500m

Riley Melanson - Women’s K-4 500m

Natalie Davidson -  Women’s K-4 500m

Nicholas Mateev - Men’s K-4 500m, Men’s K-2 500m

Simon McTavish - Men’s K-4 500m, Men’s K-2 500m 

Pierre-Luc Poulin - Men’s K-4 500m

Laurent Lavigne - Men’s K-4 500m

Connor Fitzpatrick - Men’s C-1 1000m

Roland Varga - Men’s C-1 1000m

Canoe Slalom (3)

Alex Baldoni - Men’s C-1, Men’s KX-1

Lois Betteridge- Women’s C-1

Florence Mateu - Women’s K-1

Cycling (19) - 

Track Cycling (15) 

Kelsey Mitchell- Women’s Sprint, Women’s Keirin, Women’s Team Sprint

Lauriane Genest- Women’s Sprint, Women’s Keirin, Women’s Team Sprint

Sarah Orban- Women’s Team Sprint

Allison Beveridge- Women’s Omnium

Maggie Coles-Lyster- Women’s Omnium, Women’s Madison

Sarah Van Dam- Women’s Madison

Women’s Team Pursuit

Dylan Bibic- Men’s Omnium, Men’s Madison

Nick Wammes- Men’s Sprint, Men’s Keirin, Men’s Team Sprint

Ryan Dodyk- Men’s Sprint, Men’s Team Sprint

James Hedgcock- Men’s Keirin, Men’s Team Sprint 

Mathias Guillemette- Men’s Madison

Road Cycling (4)

Leah Kirchmann - Women’s Time Trial

Alison Jackson - Women’s Road Race/ Women’s Time Trial

Michael Woods- Men’s Road Race

Hugo Houle- Men’s Road Race/Men’s Time Trial

Mountain Biking (2)

Carter Woods- Men’s Cross-Country

Emily Batty- Women’s Cross-Country

BMX Racing (3)

James Palmer- Men’s Race

Molly Simpson- Women’s Race
Drew Mechielsen/Teigen Pascual- Women’s Race

BMX Freestyle (1)

Maxime Chalifour- Men’s Park 

Diving (7-8) - 

Bryden Hattie/Cedric Fofana/Vincent Riendeau- Men’s 3m Springboard

Nathan Zsombor-Murray- Men’s 10m Platform, Men’s 10m Syncronized Platform

Rylan Wiens- Men’s 10m Platform, Men’s 10m Syncronized Platform

Mia Valee- Women’s 3m Springboard, Women’s 10m Syncronized Springboard

Margo Erlam- Women’s 3m Springboard (Women’s Syncronized 3m Springboard if Melissa isn’t aiming to make a run for Paris 2024)

Melissa Citrini- Women’s Syncronized 3m Springboard (If she’s aiming to make a run for Paris 2024)

Caeli McKay- Women’s 10m Platform, Women’s 10m Syncronized Platform

Celina Toth- Women’s 10m Platform, Women’s 10m Syncronized Platform 

Notably, Pamela Ware misses out on qualification. 

Equestrian (9) - Should qualify a full team (Jumping, Eventing, Dressage) anything less will be a disappointment.

Fencing (10) - 

Eleanor Harvey - Women’s Foil, Women’s Team Foil

Jessica Guo - Women’s Foil, Women’s Team Foil

Kelliegh Ryan - Women’s Foil, Women’s Team Foil

Sabrina Fang - Women’s Team Foil

Alexandre Verett/Leonora MacKinnon - Women’s Epee

Gabriella Page - Women’s Sabre 

Maximilien Van Haaster - Men’s Foil, Men’s Team Foil

Blake Brozus - Men’s Foil, Men’s Team Foil

Eli Schenkel - Men’s Foil, Men’s Team Foil

Fares Arfa - Men’s Sabre 

Football (18) - All we have to do is beat Jamaica in a two legged playoff series and our women’s team is off to Paris. Should be doable. Men’s team has no chance, due to them blowing their only chance at the CONCACAF U20 Championships. 

Golf (4) -
Brooke Henderson - Women’s Stroke Play

Alena Sharp - Women’s Stroke Play

Adam Svensson - Men’s Stroke Play

Correy Conners - Men’s Stroke Play

Artistic Gymnastics (14) - 

Women’s Team already secured qualification by virtue of their 3rd place finish at the 2022 Worlds. Men’s Team (Although not qualified yet) had a brilliant result last year, and could possibly qualify

Artistic Gymnastics (11)

Women’s Team- Ellie Black, Shallon Olsen, Emma Spence, Sydney Turner

Ellie Black - Women’s Balance Beam, Women’s All-Around

Brooklyn Moors - Women’s All Around, Women’s Floor

Shallon Olsen - Women’s Vault

Laurie Denoumee - Women’s Vault

Denelle Pendrick misses out on qualification. 

Men’s Team - Felix Dolci, William Emard, Rene Cournoyer, Chris Kaji, Jason Rampersad. Idk I don’t follow Gymnastics very much :lol:

Trampoline Gymnastics (3)

Jermey Chartier - Men’s Event

Sophiane Methot - Women’s Event

Samantha Smith - Women’s Event

Judo (7) - 

Kelly Deguchi - Women’s -52kg 

Jessica Klimkait - Women’s -57kg, Team Event

Catherine Beauchemin-Pinard - Women’s -63kg, Team Event

Coralie Godbout - Team Event

Arthur Margelidon - Men’s -73kg, Team Event

Francois Gauthier-Drapeau - Men’s -81kg, Team Event

Kyle Reyes - Men’s -100kg, Team Event 

Notably, Christa Deguchi and Shady El Nahas miss out. 

Rowing (25-30) - 

Don’t know anything about the boating situation for Team Canada, so I’ll just use numbers from Tokyo/Rio and the recent WCHs to do my predictions. We should qualify a fair few amount of athletes here. 

Rugby 7s (13-26) -  

Considering United States is pretty much almost qualified through the World Series, nothing is stopping our women’s team from securing a quota at the RAN 7s Qualification Tournament, especially since we’re hosting it. United States has to qualify for Paris 2024 through the World Series for us to have a chance, if they can do it then we’ll probably secure a quota, otherwise probably not. 

Sailing (6) -

Sarah Douglas - Women’s Dinghy

Georgia Lewin-Lafrance - Women’s Skiff

Fillah Karim - Men’s Dinghy 

Arie Mofatt - Men’s Skiff

Nataliya Leshko - Women’s Kite 

Tom Ramshaw - Men’s Dinghy

Shooting (1-2) -

We usually qualify a couple of athletes here, just don’t know who. 

Skateboarding (5) - 

Ryan Decenzo, Matt Berger and Micky Papa - Men’s Street

Andy Anderson - Men’s Park

Fay Ebert - Women’s Park

Sport Climbing (2) - 

Alannah Yip - Women’s Combined

Sean McColl - Men’s Combined

Ethan Pitcher just misses out on Olympic Qualification. 

Surfing (2) - Casually optimistic that we can qualify two of the following female athletes (Erin Brooks, Mathea Olin, Sanoa Olin)

Swimming (28) - 

Men (6)

Hau-Li Fan - 10km Open Water

Finlay Knox - 200m IM

Josh Liendo - 50m Freestyle, 100m Freestyle, 100m Butterfly

Ilya Kharun - 100m Butterfly, 200m Butterfly

Javier Acevado - 100m Backstroke

Gabe Mastromatteo - 100m Breastroke

4x100m Freestyle Relay

4x100m Medley Relay

Women (14)

Kylie Masse - 100m Backstroke, 200m Backstroke

Maggie MacNeil - 100m Butterfly

Penny Oleksiak - 100m Freestyle, 200m Freestyle

Summer McIntosh - 200m Freestyle, 400m Freestyle, 200 IM, 400 IM, 200 Butterfly

Mary Sophie-Harvey - 200m IM

Katerine Savard - 100m Butterfly

Kelsey Wog - 100m Breastroke, 200m Breastroke

Taylor Ruck - 100m Freestyle, 200m Backstroke

Ingrid Wilm - 100m Backstroke

Tessa Cieplucha - 400m IM

Ella Jansen - 400m Freestyle

Katrina Bellio - 1500m Freestyle

Sydney Pickrem - 200m Breastroke 

Sophie Angus - 100m Breastroke

4x100m Freestyle Relay

4x200m Freestyle Relay

4x100m Medley Relay

Additional Relay Athletes: Rebecca Smith, Rachel Nicol, Yuri Kisil, Ruslan Gasiev, Markus Thornmeyer, Jermey Bagshaw, Stephen Calkins, James Dergousoff. Notably, IM specialist Bailey Andison misses out on Olympic qualification. 

Table Tennis (2) -

Eugene Wang - Men’s Singles 

Mo Zhang - Women’s Singles

Taekwondo (6)

Skylar Park - Women’s -57kg

Ashley Kraayeveld - Women’s -67kg

Nicholas Hoefling - Men’s -58kg

Marc Andre Bergeron - Men’s +80kg

Jordan Stewart - Men’s -80kg

Yvette Hui Hai Yong - Women’s -49kg

Tennis (8) - 

Felix Auger-Aliassime - Men’s Singles, Mixed Doubles

Denis Shapovalov - Men’s Singles, Men’s Doubles

Leylah Fernandez - Women’s Singles

Bianca Andresscu - Women’s Singles

Rebecca Marino - Women’s Singles 

Vasek Pospisil - Men’s Doubles

Sharon Fichman - Women’s Doubles

Gabriela Dabrowski - Women’s Doubles, Mixed Doubles

Triathlon (4)

Amelie Kretz - Women’s Event, Team Event

Emy Legault - Women’s Event, Team Event

Tyler Mislawchuk - Men’s Event, Team Event

Charles Paquet - Men’s Event, Team Event

Waterpolo (12) - 

Women’s Team assuming United States qualifies through the World Championships. 

Weightlifting (2) -

Maude Charron - Women’s 59kg

Boady Santavy - Men’s 102kg 

Wrestling (7) - 

Ericka Weibe - Women’s 76kg

Linda Morais - Women’s 68kg 

Ana Godinez - Women’s 62kg

Madison Parks - Women’s 50kg

Karla Godinez - Women’s 57kg

Amar Dhesi - Men’s 125kg

Lachlan McNeil - Men’s 65kg 

Justina Di Stasio, Olivia Di Bacco and Diana Wiecker all miss out due to stacked weightclasses. 

Rythmic Gymnastics, Modern Pentathlon, Handball are highly unlikely for Canada to qualify in. Field Hockey teams have been on a decline lately, but qualification is possible. Maybe we’ll qualify, maybe we won’t. Despite the brilliant performance of our women’s volleyball team at the 2022 Worlds, I have them JUST missing out. I think our men’s volleyball team is on a decline, and won’t back up their Tokyo 2020 qualification. 

If anyone can help think of shooting/rowing athletes/boats qualified. I have no clue lol. 

Maybe I made these predictions too optimistic :facepalm::lol:

Edited by Josh