website statistics

Early Qualification Predictions for your Nation at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Dnl

:NED 

A very early prediction. There were 288 Dutch athletes in Tokyo, I expect around 220 in Paris. The women's football players are not going to make it to the World Cup (and therefore not the OG) and the handball women are not so good anymore. The Netherlands will also qualify fewer athletes in swimming, sailing and rowing.

Then the results. At the moment I only expect medals for the track cyclists, hockey teams and some athletes. The number of medals won in Tokyo (10-10-12) is not improved.

Athletes to especially look forward to: Nienke Brinkman (marathon athletics) Sharon van Rouwendaal (marathon swimming) Marit Bouwmeester (sailing) Femke Bol (400 hurdles athletics) Hockey team (men) Katja Stam/Raisa Schoon (beach volleyball) Sanne Vermeer (judo).

Around 150 athletes.  

Right now our delegation would only compete for top places in a few team sports and nothing else. But, that projection could improve after I see the results of a few individual World Championships this year.

1 hour ago, CCB said:

:NED 

A very early prediction. There were 288 Dutch athletes in Tokyo, I expect around 220 in Paris. The women's football players are not going to make it to the World Cup (and therefore not the OG) and the handball women are not so good anymore. The Netherlands will also qualify fewer athletes in swimming, sailing and rowing.

Then the results. At the moment I only expect medals for the track cyclists, hockey teams and some athletes. The number of medals won in Tokyo (10-10-12) is not improved.

Athletes to especially look forward to: Nienke Brinkman (marathon athletics) Sharon van Rouwendaal (marathon swimming) Marit Bouwmeester (sailing) Femke Bol (400 hurdles athletics) Hockey team (men) Katja Stam/Raisa Schoon (beach volleyball) Sanne Vermeer (judo).

I agree we're not going to improve on the Tokyo medals, everything really came together last year with super dominant squads in rowing and track cycling and everything going right for the athletics squad.

Other athletes I'm really curious about are Mathieu van der Poel (will he ride the road race?), Sifan Hassan (which events will she run?), Van Aanholt / Duetz (sailing), Niek Kimmann (BMX racing) and Emma Oosterwegel (heptathlon athletics).

I guess I will be extremely optimistic and say 125 athletes and 10 medals :d

I'm curious about athletics and rowing, we have a lot of young athletes doing well in their age categories in recent years, I wonder by 2024 how many medals we can win at the Olympics, a lot will depend on how they do in the senior category the next two years. In Tokyo we won one medal in each (both were gold though).

We'll have a few chances in swimming, a few chances in shooting, a few chances in tennis as well. Probably not too unrealistic to expect one medal in each of those.

Then we also have water polo, gymnastics, sailing, wrestling, taekwondo, basketball, judo, boxing, fencing etc. Some of these sports we have good chances for 1 or 2 medals, some of sports we have small chances.