website statistics

Figure Skating

james89

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Piper Gilles/Paul Poirier  win back to back ISU Figure Skating World Championships bronze medals (217.88) in ice dance, behind Chock/Bates (USA) (226.1) and Guignard/Fabbri (ITA) (219.85)

Fellow Canadians Nikolaj Sorensen/Laurence Fournier Beaudry finish 5th. (214.04)

Men’s: Keegan Messing finishes 7th in his last ever skate at Worlds :cry: (265.16). Rookie Conrad Orzel did not advance to the free skate and finished in 25th place (67.65). 

Women’s: Madeline Schizas finished 13th (187.49). 

Pairs: Deanna Stellato-Dudek/Maxime Deschamps finished 4th (199.97), Lia Pereira/Trent Michaud finished 6th (193.00) and Brooke McIntosh/Benjamin Mimar finished 15th (181.95). 

• 7 months later...

Attending my first ever figure competition (Skate Canada Intl in Vancouver) and you’ll never guess it: in the very first figure skating event I see in person :CAN Madeline Schizas finished 4th!

(it was a very good 4th tho, she was 8th after the short program)

- Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier win their 4th consecutive Skate Canada title (219.01) in ice dance

- Deanna Stellato-Dudek / Maxime Deschamps win gold medal (214.64) in pairs at 2023 Skate Canada International

https://skatecanada.ca/2023/10/gold-for-canadian-pair-and-ice-dance-team-at-skate-canada-international/

Edited by George_D

On 10/28/2023 at 3:17 PM, NearPup said:

Attending my first ever figure competition (Skate Canada Intl in Vancouver) and you’ll never guess it: in the very first figure skating event I see in person :CAN 

Madeline Schizas finished 4th!

(it was a very good 4th tho, she was 8th after the short program)

I live in Vancouver and didn't even know this was on this weekend...whoops.