website statistics

Biathlon 2022 - 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

2 hours ago, JonPhi said:

World Cup Season Start in Sjusjeon (NOR) is cancelled due to lack of snow and will be replaced by Lillehammer (NOR). By the way, French Team is missing this year, so probably it will be a Norwegian only test weekend.

That is a big difference. Normally Sjusjeon has lots of snow.  The races in Idre and Sjusjeon are always funs ones to watch to wet the appetite for the upcoming season.

:NOR Tiril Eckhoff has to take another break: "I don't know when she'll be back", says national team doctor Aasne Fenne Hoksrud.

She has gone through a tough period and is unlikely to be seen in the World Cup until next year.

Source (in Norwegian): 

https://www.vg.no/sport/skiskyting/i/GMyeAQ/eckhoff-maa-ta-ny-pause-vet-ikke-naar-hun-er-tilbake

Edited by phelps

You could kind of see this coming if you had paid attention to her social media platforms.  She has not been near as active this year as in the past.  I hope that whatever is the issue, she will be able to recover, and if she wishes, return to competition.  

with the Russians and the Belarussians out and Norway without their 2 "big names", this season the women's races will be very poor.

it might be a Swedish fest (with just a couple of contenders every once in a while, like Wierer, Hermann and the French girls).

6 hours ago, phelps said:

with the Russians and the Belarussians out and Norway without their 2 "big names", this season the women's races will be very poor.

it might be a Swedish fest (with just a couple of contenders every once in a while, like Wierer, Hermann and the French girls).

Hauser and Davidova should look good too, I bet 

So Sjusjøen is back on the schedule.

"In collaboration with the Norwegian Ski Association, the Olympic Park and Ringsaker Almenning, we have decided that the best thing is to organize the start of the season at Natrudstilen as originally planned. There will be short runs in both places, and equally tough conditions. This solution takes the total into account the most, says general secretary Morten Djupvik of the Norwegian Biathlon Union in a press release.

Challenges with snow production led to the start of the season being moved to the Birkebeiner Ski Stadium in Lillehammer, but on Sunday the counter-notification came that it will still start at Sjusjøen as normal.  https://www.nrk.no/sport/1.16167939"

The French team has arrived in Sweden, the Czech team in Norway to participate.