website statistics

Biathlon 2022 - 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

1 hour ago, RobtheAggie said:

The Biathlon Congress Handbook (agenda) is available here.  

One thing that I noticed here is who was not at the meeting.  The missing Federations were:

Full Members

Argentina

Armenia

Liechtenstein

Chinese Taipei 

Uzbekistan

Provisional Members

Andorra

Dominican Republic

Chinese Taipei had something in the works last season, but that kind of got stranded I'm afraid. I'm assuming Argentina focuses entirely on cross-country skiing and the whole stuff going on there, ain't nobody got time for biathlon there :p 

Also interesting to see Felix Bitterling represent Germany, and Netherlands being there but without a name :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The rescuers searched Gabriela Soukalová the whole night around Italian Livigno. :yikes:

The three-time Olympic medalist from Sochi (0-2-1) went missing during her bicycle trip during her vacation in the Italian alpine resort of Livigno, and rescuers only found her the next day after an all-night search

They found her only on Thursday morning when they heard her scream and took her to the hospital by helicopter with signs of a cold.

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

The rescuers searched Gabriela Soukalová the whole night around Italian Livigno. :yikes:

The three-time Olympic medalist from Sochi (0-2-1) went missing during her bicycle trip during her vacation in the Italian alpine resort of Livigno, and rescuers only found her the next day after an all-night search

They found her only on Thursday morning when they heard her scream and took her to the hospital by helicopter with signs of a cold.

'A cold', as in the common thing that happens to everyone at some point (like runny nose and such), or hypothermia? Which one could perfectly imagine as well there...

Damn, sounds like she got away lucky...any word on what happened? Got lost, a fall, something?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

'A cold', as in the common thing that happens to everyone at some point (like runny nose and such), or hypothermia? Which one could perfectly imagine as well there...

Damn, sounds like she got away lucky...any word on what happened? Got lost, a fall, something?

No idea, it is a fresh info from the czech sites, only vague yet https://sport.aktualne.cz/biatlon/ztracenou-soukalovou-hledali-v-alpach-celou-noc-prochladlou/r~4dd58aae3b0b11eda25a0cc47ab5f122/

The new Polish Biathlon Federation boss has told Daria Dolidovich (17 years old) she can't train with our national team :facepalm:

https://przegladsportowy.onet.pl/sporty-zimowe/biathlon/justyna-kowalczyk-zaskoczona-to-smutne-i-niesmaczne/m1sxl76

This is fucking bullshit alright. Sergei Dolidovich fled Belarus with his daughter a while back and he's working as assistant coach over here but I fear if this decision won't be reversed they will move on to some other country soon. It's a complete waste but sadly ever since the previous boss Waskiewcz shockingly loss the elections in the summer we're going back to the dark days (Adam Kolodziejczyk will have more to say again as member of the board, the new boss Joanna Badacz seems to be merely a puppet). Justyna Kowalczyk was a huge Waskiewicz supporter so I wonder how long she keeps working within the biathlon federation. I feel she quits or gets booted out before 2026 when the next elections should take place.

:FRA Championships, Sprint:

Men

1. Eric Perrot (2)

2. Quentin Fillon Maillet (3) +14.3

3. Fabien Claude (4) +42.8

4. Emilien Jacquelin (3) +47.0

5. Mathieu Garcia (1) +1:09.1

Women

1. Julia Simon (0)

2. Anais Chevalier-Bouchet (1) +46.8

3. Lou Jeanmonnot (1) +56.9

4. Jeanne Richard (1) +1:07.9

5. Caroline Colombo (3) +1:33.2

Baltic Biathlon Cup at Otepää

Women's Sprint:

1. Tomingas, Tuuli 0-1

2. Kulm, Susan 2-2 (+15.54)

3. Zhurauskate, Lidija 3-0 (+55.39)

Men's Sprint:

1. Zahkna, Rene 0-0

2. Strolia, Vytautas 0-2 (+23.02)

3. Fomin, Maksim 0-0 (+24.12)

Women's Mass Start:

1. Tomingas, Tuuli  0-0-2-1

2. Klum, Susan 0-0-2-1 (+3.38)

3. Ermits, Regina 1-3-1-(+1.42)

Men's Mass Start:

1.  Rastorgujevs, Andrei 0-0-0-2  - His first race in 18 months due to his suspension.

2. Zahkna, Rene 0-0-1-1 (+10.29)

3. Rankel, Raido 1-1-1-0 (+28.09)

"After several years of continuous training regime, I decided that I needed a break. I want to rest both physically and mentally, and there is no better time for such a holiday than the period after the Olympics," Hojnisz-Starega was quoted as saying by the Polish Biathlon Association on Sunday.

"It absolutely doesn't mean retirement. I'm still thinking about starting at the Olympics in 2026," she added.