website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Competition Schedule Road to Paris 2024

8 hours ago, dullard said:

The scheduling of the 4x400 heats and 400 final on the same day is really unfair for the smaller countries that can't rest their stars from the 4x400 heats.

Kinda feels like they may have done that to stagger the women's 400m and the 400 hurdles.  But yea, that's definitely going to cause issues for countries who have athletes in the finals that would normally run in the prelims for the relay

Thanks for uploading the schedule.

this repechage thing is the main issue for me. Why don’t they try it at some Tier II event first? Before doing this at the greatest stage. It will certainly affect the competition in a strange way.

i wonder what the Q rules for 800 and 1500 will look like. How many athletes progress straight from the 1st round to the next round without repechages???

@esube could you please put here editable version of your excellent work here, if you don't mind.

We could help you on this project then, if you're interested.

I do admire all the work somebody else does for preparing Paris detailed schedule on this website, but your schedule is much more useful for me.

It is one-page per-day in an easy manner to follow when you use this kind of timeline, of layout, if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance, have a good day.

1 hour ago, Benolympique said:

Ben, a little quest for you. I'm considering getting canoeing ticket. How to reach the site? How far from city centre? Thank you!

4 hours ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

Ben, a little quest for you. I'm considering getting canoeing ticket. How to reach the site? How far from city centre? Thank you!

for the canoe, it's 18 minutes from Paris, to go from paris to Vaires sur Marne, you have to take the transilien, it's a Parisian commuter train.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2022 at 6:33 PM, esube said:

Hi everybody,

First time poster, long time lurker on this forum.  I attach a hour-by-hour all-sports schedule for 2024 that I have prepared (rounded to the nearest quarter-hour).  Lots of changes and clarifications to come, of course, many of which have been subjects in this topic.  Hope you find this useful.  Start planning your viewing now!

Corrections and updates welcome!

esube

2024_olympics_schedule.pdf 504.15 kB · 488 downloads

Trying to update @esube work myself but it takes sooo much time.

And I can't edit this pdf file, so I have just printed it and i am using a pencil to write down some additional info we have from ticketing website and olympics.com website (link above)

But i just thought - that if we split, 8 users - each of them takes care of 2 days or sth, we could do it quickly and smoothy, and regularly update it later on

The thing is I really like this layout, it's easy to navigate, you just look at it and you know what is going on at certain time. I was using such a thing a lot at Tokyo 2020 but i had it completed only for first few days (and the rest was on paper with some sports only, just the most important sports for me in it).

So what you think, can we start a team work here? I can do Day 1 and 2 (Sat, Jul 27 and Sun, Jul 28) for a good start. Just give me few days.

Edited by rafalgorka