website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Competition Schedule Road to Paris 2024

8 hours ago, esube said:

A preliminary ticket website has been released in case you haven't seen it.  

https://tickets.paris2024.org/obj/media/FR-Paris2024/ticket-prices.pdf

It actually omits most of the finals.  I think they must be saving those for the big booking agencies.

I haven't gone over it too much but one new piece of information that was not, I think, previously known is that the indoor volleyball format will be men and women on alternating days with men going first.   Time to make version 2.0 of my schedule, incorporating @rafalgorka's catches of my errors.  

The updated full schedule is below. One change I saw is that the times and venue (Lille) are set for prelims in basketball.  The finals tickets that aren't on sale yet will go on sale as single tickets in May- tickets in this round have to be bought in packs of 3.

Thanks for doing your version of the schedule, it will be helpful for me as I finalize my ticket preferences.

https://press.paris2024.org/download-pdf/638721f01dbcfdbc1403f793

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, hckošice said:

That Mixed 35km Race Walk event instead of the 50km is still an unjustified crime from IAAF WA

Just wait until you hear about the fencing, swimming, laser shooting, obstacle course component their adding to it :p 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I thought that it was impossible to make it worse than the last couple of Winter Games in terms of scheduling...

but here we have an absolute sh*t :facepalm:

personally, having Fencing and Swimming finals at the same time in the first week is a disaster, then we have to add Athletics in the weekend in the middle.

finally, in the second week, we have Wrestling, Taekwondo, Weightlifting, Athletics medal sessions and most of the team sports playoffs matches running at the same time in the 7.30/11 p.m. slot.

c'mon, man! :hairpull:

p.s. and also the Athletics schedule is just...crazy...

how can you run 4 times the 800m in 4 days always at their best?

and pretend that the athletes don't give themselves some kind of chemical help just to try and face that challenge?

1 hour ago, dullard said:

The scheduling of the 4x400 heats and 400 final on the same day is really unfair for the smaller countries that can't rest their stars from the 4x400 heats.

The small countries with half decent 400m runners, one of which I live in, will probably have to concentrate on the mixed. 

very odd scheduling though