website statistics

Mountain Bike Cycling UCI World Cup 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 3 weeks later...

First world cup of the season just finished in beautiful :BRA Petropolis!

Women:

1. :AUS McConnell

2. :NED Terpstra

3. :FRA Lecomte

Men:

1. :SUI Schurter

2. :FRA Marotte

3. :ROU Dascalu

Huge win for Schurter who finally equals Absalon's world cup wins record.

Austrian talent Mitterwallner made her senior debut with a 5th place in the womens race, after dominating all the u23 world cups last year.

And a rather dramatic race for Avancini, who had his sights set on this for years, one can assume. Started out well, but dropped far behind at the end.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 4 weeks later...

Second world cup in :GER Albstadt today.

Men:

:GBR Thomas Pidcock

:SUI Nino Schurter

:ROU Vlad Dascalu

Women:

:AUS Rebecca McConnell

:SWE Jenny Rissveds

:AUT Mona Mitterwallner

We don't have any Austrians on the forum do we? I don't think Austria has many medal chances in the summer Olympics, but they might get one in the mountainbike womens race. They've got two great young riders with Mitterwallner (20 yo) and Stigger (21 yo).

Third world cup :CZE Nove Mesto and third victory for :AUS Rebecca McConnell.

Women:

1. :AUS Rebbeca McConnell

2. :FRA Loana Lecomte

3. :SWE Jenny Rissveds

Men:

1. :GBR Thomas Pidcock

2. :ROU Vlad Dascalu

3. :SUI Nino Schurter

Nearly the same top 3s as last week, it's clear right now that McConnell and Pidcock are in the best form.

• 4 weeks later...

World cup in :AUT Leogang this weekend:

Women:

1. :FRA Leona Lecomte

2. :SWE Jenny Rissveds

3. :AUT Laura Stigger

Men:

1. :SUI Mathias Flückiger

2. :SUI Nino Schurter

3. :RSA Alan Hatherly

Jenny Rissveds really is back at the top level this season with another podium finish!

Looks like Pidcock wasn't there on the mens side.

• 4 weeks later...

No idea how old this is, but since by coincidence I picked it up from the Dutch commentator today: apparently Red Bull will stop with the production and it's affiliation with MTB after this year :yikes::cry: 

Discovery will take over, although it's still entirely unsure what will happen with the TV rights and such. And somehow I highly doubt we'll get the same commentators. Plus I wonder if downhill will keep playing a role, or if that not being Olympic means they'll break downhill's neck.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

No idea how old this is, but since by coincidence I picked it up from the Dutch commentator today: apparently Red Bull will stop with the production and it's affiliation with MTB after this year :yikes::cry: 

Discovery will take over, although it's still entirely unsure what will happen with the TV rights and such. And somehow I highly doubt we'll get the same commentators. Plus I wonder if downhill will keep playing a role, or if that not being Olympic means they'll break downhill's neck.

well, if Discovery takes over, I guess we'll see all the competitions on Discovery Plus/Eurosport Player...

unfortunately, it means it won't be a free stream anymore, which is what happened to Sports Climbing this year...

and looking at that, I think the commentators will be the same (provided they find an agreement with the new owner of the tv rights), as it happened to Sports Climbing after switching from Youtube coverage (at least here in Europe)...

for what concerns the Downhill discipline, I really hope they won't break its neck, I love it (and I love the landscape where it's held)...

maybe I'm a bit optimist, but there's also a chance we get an improvement in the coverage (more riders and their full race instead of what's on offer right now with Red Bull TV), if it stays in the UCI's calendar of events...:fingers: