website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Russia-Ukraine War

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

Are there any sports where Russians can still compete using the Russian flag?

And also which sports are still allowing them to compete as neutrals (apart from tennis)?

If I good remember they can compete also in judo and luge.

2 hours ago, Dragon said:

Are there any sports where Russians can still compete using the Russian flag?

And also which sports are still allowing them to compete as neutrals (apart from tennis)?

Sambo.

Also, the 2022 Bandy World Championships have been delayed to 2023 but are still supposed to be held in Russia... 

57 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I was asked about this because the Russian media now are saying their athletes won't be allowed at judo worlds

Maybe IJF changed their decision and didn't allow Russian to compete in World Championships as many country would withdrew if Russians would be here, even under neutral flag, I thought that I saw Russians judokas under IJF flag in some events few months back, but when I checking it now they didn't competed after all.

Edit. Russian competed only at Grand Slam in Ulaanbaatar three months ago.

Edited by rybak

:p

On 9/20/2022 at 8:44 PM, Dragon said:

I was asked about this because the Russian media now are saying their athletes won't be allowed at judo worlds

On 9/20/2022 at 9:38 PM, rybak said:

Maybe IJF changed their decision and didn't allow Russian to compete in World Championships as many country would withdrew if Russians would be here, even under neutral flag, I thought that I saw Russians judokas under IJF flag in some events few months back, but when I checking it now they didn't competed after all.

Edit. Russian competed only at Grand Slam in Ulaanbaatar three months ago.

it's yesterday's decision...Russia and Belarus now have been banned also by IJF at least until January 2023...

https://www.ijf.org/news/show/ijf-decision-regarding-participation-of-russian-and-belorussian-athletes