website statistics

Imaginary Summer Olympics - Poll #1a - The Games Must Go On - yes or not?

rafalgorka

7 members have voted

1. 1. The Imaginary Summer Olympics Must Go On - yes or not?

• yes
    • no
    • I don't know, it's above my pay grade

Due to what is going on in Ukraine and across - let's call it - Eurasia right now, should we keep making these Imaginary Summer Olympics Polls or should we get rid of them and focus on helping those who we should help in real life these days and not waste time on useless things.

This question was raised back in 1972 and I personally still don't know what the correct answer was back then.

And now it's time to repeat it.

I'm not going to give any vote on this, but I can tell you that this forum should be our "fantasy island" where we can find some relief from the awful news running in these days...

and therefore I think that there's nothing bad or a lack of respect for anybody if you (we) decide to continue to write about beautiful things also in this dark period  instead of being focus only and exclusively on watching how a bunch of idiots are trying to destroy the world and ruin people's lives for I don't know which purposes? :cry:

in any case, I'm going to respect and accept your decision, whatever it is...;)

by the way, I have in mind a couple of questions that might be used for a poll...

for instance, should IOC take some kind of decision (political decision) on this question and sanction Russia also in sports terms?

could this be a perfect opportunity for the IOC to put the end mark on their fight against Russia and throw them out of the window for a long while using this war as a pretext for what they haven't been capable to do when they had to?