website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

IAAF denied the rumors about the cancelation of the W Marathon and both M+W 50km Race Walk. They communicated they rae thinking strongly about plan B (moving the competition to the climatized stadium lol, just imagine the 50 km Race Walk event being held on the 400m lap of the athletics oval, what a mess it would be :lol:) but for now the things stay at it was planed, so the starts of the W Marathon the Fiday at 23:59 and Race Walks 50km at 23:30 on Saturday

Just now, hckosice said:

IAAF denied the rumors about the cancelation of the W Marathon and both M+W 50km Race Walk. They communicated they rae thinking strongly about plan B (moving the competition to the climatized stadium lol, just imagine the 50 km Race Walk event being held on the 400m lap of the athletics oval, what a mess it would be :lol:) but for now the things stay at it was planed, so the starts of the W Marathon the Fiday at 23:59 and Race Walks 50km at 23:30 on Saturday

Me racing this, I would probably have to use earphones and listen to music all the time. Or I would have gotten super bored :-D :-D :-D 

34 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Me racing this, I would probably have to use earphones and listen to music all the time. Or I would have gotten super bored :-D :-D :-D 

poor guys who will counting the laps in the middle of night :lol:

hace 8 horas, hckosice dijo:

Recently US athlete Katie Burnett did a 50km race walk in track in 4:29 (thank to that she's able to compite at the World Championships), so apparently it isn't as weird as it sounds

Just now, Jur said:

Recently US athlete Katie Burnett did a 50km race walk in track in 4:29 (thank to that she's able to compite at the World Championships), so apparently it isn't as weird as it sounds

well, but I guess there wasn´t some 80 starters M and W walking together in that track. This may end only in a total mess

Just now, Jur said:

Just messaged a friend who works for the IAAF.

Reply "Holding the marathon and walks in the stadium has never been discussed - there is no truth in this story"

If they really wanted to hold a climatized marathon/race walk, I bet Qatar would totally be up for letting them do it in a large mall or warehouse complex where they could create a wide-ish 1k-2.5km loop.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:TUR  

M: 12

Ramil Guliyev ( 200m )

Yasmani Copello (400m H)

Özkan Baltacı (Hammer Throw)

Necati Er (Triple Jump) 

Polat Kemboi Arıkan, Mert Girmalegesse (Marathon) 

Salih Korkmaz (20 km walk) 

Jak Ali Harvey, Emre Zafer Barnes, Aykut Ay, Yiğitcan Hekimoğlu, Kayhan Özer (4×100) 

W:  8

Tuğba Güvenç, Özlem Kaya (3000m SC) 

Meryem Bekmez, Ayşe Tekdal (20 km walk)

Elvan Abeylegesse, Fadime Suna-Çelik (Marathon)

Emel Dereli (Shot put) 

Eda Tuğsuz (Hammer throw).