website statistics

Summary of your NOC peformance in Beijing 2022 olympics

A new thread:

How did your NOC perform in Beijing?

Was it better than expected or was it worse?

What were the ups and downs, what were the highlights, what were the biggest disappointments?

What were the most emotional events for you? Who made a suprisingly good result?

I think everyone here is interested in every other user thoughts.

Waiting for interesting info, sth you can't read anywhere else ;-)

img.php?type=detail&hash=03d5c0f2c33da8c

1) Well, quite a mixed feelings from our performances, in one side the best winter Olympics in the history since the independence in other very poor results of the majority of our athletes in Beijing.

2) Better than expected for sure.

3)

Highlight

Ice Hockey Madness and the Slaf show

Ups

a) Petra Vlhová amazing mental strength and fighting in that Slalom 2nd run.

b) Paja Fialková 10th in Pursuit and another top 15 in Sprint,

c) her sister Ivona with very good skiing.

d) Viki čerňanská very solid effort in Monobob from the youngest athlete in the field

e) Special mention: Klaudia Medlová despite injury before the Slopestyle showed incredible fighting spirit and respect to the Olympics by her desire to start at the Games at least in Big Air where she risked maybe the end of her career but still was exremely close to qualify for the final

Downs:

a) Mens Biathlon - all 4 slow, miserable shooting, piss poor performances, overall complete embarassement not worthy of the Olympics (the top of the cake was not qualifying anyone to the pursuit in a reduced Olympic field is just utter embarassement)

b) womens cross-country skiing, useless to say anything here, was complete misery

c) but the biggest disappointement of the games was the luge doubles Vaverčák/Zmij fucking up the Luge relay to the whole team some 10 meters from the finish line and throwing away a possible top 10 maybe top 8 and consequently money help for their teammates.

4) and now for the most emotional, most positive and most of the most thing of the games for me, my neighbors, my countrymen, my nation ...

I guess it is useless to write her what that ice hockey medal (first ever team sport medal btw...) means for us. Since Saturday the life in the country is completely upside down :p

In the TV news we have a clockdown going on --- counting the time remaining for the return of our hockey team to Slovakia, now it is 17 hours and 50 minutes to landing. so just to say ... :p

More to come tomorrow evening, stay tuned

for now, just Mondays newspaper first pages..

FvcW9joTRx7rO2KxxcrJvg.jpg?st=_w1qS3hgXR

titulka-noveho-casu

:DEN: Meh. Good job by the ice hockey teams, Dyrbye in the slalom and Ukaleq in biathlon. The speed skaters very disappointing and the women's curling team below expectations as well.

:SWE : Great but not fantastic. Sure record numbers of medals and gold, but it was the worst championship for the Cross-country team in more than 10 years and some other top athletes underperformed as well.

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

you can't even imagine how envious am I right now, watching those newspapers...

hey, you have million of medals, Italian athletes winning and medalling everywhere across all sort of sports, it is me who is envious :d

1 hour ago, rafalgorka said:

A new thread:

How did your NOC perform in Beijing?

Was it better than expected or was it worse?

What were the ups and downs, what were the highlights, what were the biggest disappointments?

What were the most emotional events for you? Who made a suprisingly good result?

I think everyone here is interested in every other user thoughts.

Waiting for interesting info, sth you can't read anywhere else ;-)

well, when you take part in so many sports and events, it's difficult to make a summary without analyzing every aspect of it...

in general, some sports performed well, some others made all the fans get ashamed to waste time following them...

for Italy, however, the final outcome was better than expected in terms of total medals, but a bit worse in terms of golds...

the ups were surely all the podium places, from the mixed curling to Arianna Fontana (our overall MVP and my personal highlight of the Games in Italian perspective without any doubt), from Francesca Lollobrigida to Sofia Goggia to all the other medallists...

the absolute downs were the men's alpine skiing (epic fail if there's one) and cross-country skiing, where we used to be a powerhouse and now we are just a 1-man movement, with no athletes and no hope for the future...

they are in particular those who I was referring to when I wrote that they made me (and all our sports fans) ashamed of following them...

5 minutes ago, hckošice said:

hey, you have million of medals, Italian athletes winning and medalling everywhere across all sort of sports, it is me who is envious :d

but you know how much I care about hockey and how much I'd like Italy to be a Hockey-Nation...;)

I'd really give at least half of our medals away for that...:yikes:

35 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I guess it is useless to write her what that ice hockey medal (first ever team sport medal btw...) means for us. Since Saturday the life in the country is completely upside down :p

Ice hockey? Really?

After Tokyo, I thought you're land of golfers now ;-)

I figure someone else can tackle the United States post, so I’ll take :ISV :d

It was great to see Katie Tannenbaum compete at the Olympic Games. I know she’s been trying to qualify for a decade, if not longer. Unfortunately, Covid-19 mucked up her experience quite a bit, but I’m glad she still got to compete and get her moment in the spotlight. She had limited training runs and time on track (I heard she may have only had two runs before the competition :yikes:), but she managed to put forth her best effort given the circumstances. Overall, a good Olympics for :ISV

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

42 minutes ago, phelps said:

but you know how much I care about hockey and how much I'd like Italy to be a Hockey-Nation...;)

Good news is you will have anoher chance to become one thanks Milano-Cortina :) Now just use this opportunity, fingers crossed. If curling can suddenly be so popular in Italy from basically nowhere, then hockey must do it as well