website statistics

South American Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

22 hours ago, LDOG said:

Well, 10 golds in a day is great despite one or two screw ups. 

I'd guess we should win between 5 and 10 more in the last 3 days. There seem to be a lot that will be 50/50 chances, though I have no idea of our level in things like Bochas and Squash (it looks like there was good performance in both today).

Ok, it looks like my prediction will fall short. 6 golds today. I didn't expect this many golds in athletics after years of very poor performances.

Ecuador needs only one gold to has the same of venezuela in the fifth position.......Venezuela is destroy like a country and we can see that in sports, in the two last South American games they defeat us for one gold to be thirds, now they are fighting with Ecuador to doesnt be the sixth in medal table.......

6 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Ok, it looks like my prediction will fall short. 6 golds today. I didn't expect this many golds in athletics after years of very poor performances.

We are watching a dream in athletics, i never think to see this and it doesnt finish yet.

8 of 8 gold medals in kayak sprint canoeing.

:COL just needs to win the women’s madison to secure a full suite of women’s track cycling quotas for Santiago 2023. They’ve been absolutely dominant so far.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

As expected Chile is far away from the top 4 on athletics 

If we want to have a close battle with Argentina we really need more presence in that sport and swimming as well

i hope we can reach the 39 gold this time 

Edited by ManuCHIL

Medal Table (After Day 12)

Rank Nation Gold Silver Bronze Total
1 :BRA Brazil 119 87 68 274
2 :COL Colombia 64 71 85 220
3 :ARG Argentina 42 48 67 157
4 :CHI Chile 31 24 49 104
5 :VEN Venezuela 23 35 54 112
6 :ECU Ecuador 22 16 25 63
7 :PER Peru 15 16 30 61
8 :PAR Paraguay 6 16 12 34
9 :URU Uruguay 6 14 16 36
10 :ARU Aruba 3 3 0 6
11 :PAN Panama 2 1 5 8
12 :GUY Guyana 0 1 2 3
13 :CUW Curacao 0 1 0 1
14 :BOL Bolivia 0 0 3 3

:BOL beat :ARG:COL to advance the mixed doubles final in tennis, so they will get a medal outside of boxing.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 hours ago, konig said:

Ecuador needs only one gold to has the same of venezuela in the fifth position.......Venezuela is destroy like a country and we can see that in sports, in the two last South American games they defeat us for one gold to be thirds, now they are fighting with Ecuador to doesnt be the sixth in medal table.......

Venezuela still has almost twice as many medals as Ecuador so it's not as bad as it looks. They are just struggling for golds while Ecuador has made the most of their chances. You are correct that Venezuela has dropped off. They are clearly a step below the top three nations now and depending on how funding continues post-2023 Pan American Games they may be competing with Chile for the foreseeable future.

:VEN with a gold medal in pétanque :yikes:

:ARG only gets one of the three boules gold medals despite making all three finals.

Edited by Olympian1010

:COL also wins the men’s team sprint, meaning they just need to win the two madison events tomorrow to secure a full suite of track cycling quotas for Santiago 2023.