website statistics

South American Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@JoshMartini007 @intoronto any idea which countries might be eligible for the Pan Am bowling quotas or how that’s calculated?

The total number of pins knocked down in qualification across both events will be used. Some countries could have chosen a different to qualify in too, so hard to say.

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

The total number of pins knocked down in qualification across both events will be used.

Do the elimination rounds count as well, or only qualification?

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Some countries could have chosen a different to qualify in too, so hard to say.

Yeah, that’s why I was asking. I wanted know if you or @JoshMartini007 knew which nations had declared eligibility for this event. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Any chances for :SUR ? I'm not seeing it unless they can luck out in wrestling?

Men's triple jump, maybe?

Edit: Oh, great, so Miguel van Assen is apparently not competing here. Bummer.

Edited by thiago_simoes

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Do the elimination rounds count as well, or only qualification?

Yeah, that’s why I was asking. I wanted know if you or @JoshMartini007 knew which nations had declared eligibility for this event. 

Idk and like most continental federations, they do not publish anything at all. It's quite frustrating.

I believe it's only pins in qualification that is used but not 100% sure.

57 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Not sure, from a strategic point of view it would make sense for the South American nations not eligible for the CAC Games to make this one of their eligible competitions, but that probably doesn't help us since the highest ranked nations will also compete at the CAC Games. In my mind :COL and :VEN were probably confident enough that they would win here to use this as one of their competitions, the others may have hedged their bets and went with the CAC Games and the 2023 PABCON Championships, but we probably won't know for sure until they publish the qualifiers.

Dammers :ARU picks up the third gold for Aruba :d

I’d imagine they targeted this event for Pan Am qualification, so that should be two bowling quotas for :ARU

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Damn, Fernandes :GUY lost the gold medal match after being up two games to none :(. Still, a great accomplishment for her and Guyana.