website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2022

I think I’ll have to withdraw as a jury member from this year’s contest. Unfortunately, I just wasn’t able to find the time to listen to the entires as throughly as I would have liked to in order to justify my votes. If an extension is granted, I will do my best to submit my votes, but I just wanted to make my circumstances clear for everyone.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I think this was the shortest timeframe of voting that we've ever had, so I'm not entirely surprised that some jurors are having problems, because they didn't plan that time would fly by so fast, plus in my case, I don't know about the other countries, but the voting period was scheduled through Easter here in Lithuania, accompany that with work and other obligations, and I was listening to the songs right before sleep on the 5/10 days that I could :p 

The Draw Is Postponed to Tuesday

Currently we are waiting for the votes from 9 jury members. Many of them promised to send their votes today, but I don't want to cut it so close to the draw, so I am postponing it to Tuesday. The draw will be held on April 26th at 19:00 CEST, two and a half days from now, hopefully that will be enough time for everyone to vote.  I think @Glen is the only one who didn't respond before the deadline, but I will accept the votes from him as well if he sends them in time. 

@catgamer

@Yannakis@Dnl@Gianlu33

@Glen@mrv86

@rybak@justony

@Olympian1010

Festival of Music Begins

While we are waiting for the contest to move forward, you can start claiming nations and sending songs now to the Festival of Music section of our contest. As always, the song eligibility rules are the same as in the main event and every user can claim up to two nations that don't participate in this year's edition. The users are free to claim any eligible nation, they don't have to have any affiliation with their chosen country or countries. Let's have some fun with songs from countries all over the world!

18 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I think this was the shortest timeframe of voting that we've ever had, so I'm not entirely surprised that some jurors are having problems, because they didn't plan that time would fly by so fast, plus in my case, I don't know about the other countries, but the voting period was scheduled through Easter here in Lithuania, accompany that with work and other obligations, and I was listening to the songs right before sleep on the 5/10 days that I could :p 

Well, the rules say 2 weeks so I thought 13 days would be enough. :d I wanted to have the draw on a weekend to make the participation easier for the volunteers so I cut a day out of the voting for a draw on Sunday, but I guess I should have known that having the draw so close to the deadline will be a bad idea. 

2 hours ago, Werloc said:

Easter Monday last week was an excellent moment to listen some music, you know, with no work and such :p 

It got me underway to finish in time :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!