website statistics

Day 12 (February 16th, 2022)

Day 12 (February 16) Canadian Schedule

February 15

20:05: Curling- Women’s Round Robin- Session 10: :CAN Canada vs. United States :USA

20:30: Freestyle Skiing- Men's Slopestyle- Final- Run 1 (Max Moffatt [2nd])

20:58: Freestyle Skiing- Men's Slopestyle- Final- Run 2

21:15: Alpine Skiing- Men’s Slalom- Run 1 (Erik Read, Trevor Philp)

21:26: Freestyle Skiing- Men's Slopestyle- Final- Run 3

February 16

0:45: Alpine Skiing- Men’s Slalom- Run 2

2:45: Biathlon- Women’s 4x6km Relay (Emma Lunder -> Megan Bankes -> Emily Dickson -> Sarah Beaudry)

2:15: Cross-Country Skiing- Women’s Team Sprint Classic- Semifinals (Katherine Stewart-Jones -> Dahria Beatty)

3:15: Cross-Country Skiing- Men’s Team Sprint Classic- Semifinals (Antoine Cyr -> Graham Ritchie)

6:30: Short Track- Women’s 1500m- Quarterfinals (see below)

Quarterfinal 3: :USA Kristen Santos, :NED Xandra Velzeboer, :JPN Kikuchi Sumire, :CAN Danae Blais, :CZE Michaela Hruzova, :HUN Konya Zsofia

Quarterfinal 4: :CAN Courtney Sarault, :CHN Han Yutong, :FRA Tifany Huot Marchand, :ROC Anna Vostrikova, :ROC Sofia Prosvirnova, :CRO Valentina Ascic

Quarterfinal 5: :KOR Lee Yubin, :CAN Kim Boutin, :ITA Cynthia Mascitto, :POL Natalia Maliszewska, :JPN Kikuchi Yuki, :JPN Kaminaga Shione

7:05: Curling- Women’s Round Robin- Session 11: :CAN Canada vs. China :CHN

7:44: Short Track- Men’s 5000m Relay- Final A (Final A: :KOR South Korea, :ROC Russian Olympic Committee, :CAN Canada, :ITA Italy, :CHN China)

8:30: Ice Hockey- Men’s Playoffs- Quarterfinals: :SWE Sweden vs. Canada :CAN

The main medal focus today will be in short track where Canada will hope to secure medals in the final two events. Men's freestyle slopestyle is another event to watch. Big day for our team events. The women's curling team needs to win both of their matches while the men's ice hockey team faces Sweden in the quarterfinals.

In terms of keeping pace with my medal prediction, one medal might suffice, but then we need to win all of our team games, if not we probably need both short track medals.

Jones is going to give me a heart attack. In the first end it looked like she would probably give up three points after completely whiffing her first shot, but she pulled out a triple takeout out of absolutely nowhere to force the blank.

That woman has some mental fortitude.

15 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Jones is going to give me a heart attack. In the first end it looked like she would probably give up three points after completely whiffing her first shot, but she pulled out a triple takeout out of absolutely nowhere to force the blank.

That woman has some mental fortitude.

I’m following the live scores and I gasped when I saw the takeout update. 

25 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

With Great Britain and South Korea losing Canada could qualify with only one more win (depends on where Japan finishes) as they hold the head to head record over them and now the United States

And we are looking for the GB to beat ROC and China to beat Switzerland for the men’s session that’s later today?