website statistics

Day 11 (February 15th, 2022)

Day 11 (February 15) Canadian Schedule

February 14th

20:05: Curling- Men’s Round Robin- Session 9: :CAN Canada vs. China :CHN

20:30: Freestyle Skiing- Women’s Slopestyle- Final- Run 1 (Olivia Asselin [2nd])

20:30: Snowboarding- Women’s Big Air- Final- Run 1 (Jasmine Baird [3rd], Laurie Blouin [9th])

20:52: Snowboarding- Women’s Big Air- Final- Run 2

20:57: Freestyle Skiing- Women’s Slopestyle- Final- Run 2

21:15: Snowboarding- Women’s Big Air- Final- Run 3

21:24: Freestyle Skiing- Women’s Slopestyle- Final- Run 3

22:00: Alpine Skiing- Women’s Downhill (Marie-Michele Gagnon [8th], Roni Remme [31st])

23:30: Freestyle Skiing- Men's Slopestyle- Qualification- Run 1 (Edouard Therriault [6th], Evan McEachran [22nd], Max Moffatt [26th], Teal Harle [31st])

February 15th

0:00: Snowboarding- Men’s Big Air- Final- Run 1 (Darcy Sharpe [1st], Mark McMorris [5th], Max Parrot [12th])

0:22: Snowboarding- Men’s Big Air- Final- Run 2

0:33: Freestyle Skiing- Men's Slopestyle- Qualification- Run 2

0:45: Snowboarding- Men’s Big Air- Final- Run 3

1:30: Biathlon- Men’s 4x7.5km Relay (Adam Runnalls -> Christian Gow -> Jules Burnotte -> Scott Gow)

1:30: Speed Skating- Women’s Team Pursuit- Semifinals (Semifinal 2: :NED Netherlands vs. Canada :CAN)

2:49: Speed Skating- Men’s Team Pursuit- Final C ( :KOR South Korea vs. Canada :CAN)

3:28: Speed Skating- Women's Team Pursuit- Final A ( :CAN Canada vs. Japan :JPN)

5:00: Figure Skating- Women’s- Short Program (Madeline Schizas [11th])

6:00: Freestyle Skiing- Men’s Aerials- Qualification 1 (Lewis Irving, Miha Fontaine, Emile Nadeau)

6:45: Freestyle Skiing- Men’s Aerials- Qualification 2

7:05: Curling- Men’s Round Robin- Session 10: :ROC Russian Olympic Committee vs. Canada :CAN

7:15: Bobsleigh- Two-Man- Heat 3 (Justin Kripps, Christopher Spring, Taylor Austin)

8:10: Ice Hockey- Men’s- Qualification Playoffs: :CAN Canada vs. China :CHN

8:50: Bobsleigh- Two-Man- Heat 4

A potential big day for Canada, it's been five days since we last won multiple medals in one day. If we want to maintain pace for a decent performance we pretty much need to win at least two today. Our best chances will be in men's big air snowboard and women's speed skating team pursuit. Women's big air snowboard has a decent chance and I would keep an eye on the women's freestyle slopestyle and the 2-man bobsled despite our day 1 performance. The women's singles figure skating starts today, but with all the Russians competing it will be difficult for our athlete to medal. Our men's ice hockey team has a rematch against China to enter the quarterfinals, winner faces Sweden. Big day for our men's curling team, they can qualify for the semis if they win both games (the match against Russia is pretty much a must-win, especially if Switzerland defeats the United States)

21 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

A potential big day for Canada, it's been five days since we last won multiple medals in one day. If we want to maintain pace for a decent performance we pretty much need to win at least two today. Our best chances will be in men's big air snowboard and women's speed skating team pursuit. Women's big air snowboard has a decent chance and I would keep an eye on the women's freestyle slopestyle and the 2-man bobsled despite our day 1 performance. The women's singles figure skating starts today, but with all the Russians competing it will be difficult for our athlete to medal. Our men's ice hockey team has a rematch against China to enter the quarterfinals, winner faces Sweden. Big day for our men's curling team, they can qualify for the semis if they win both games (the match against Russia is pretty much a must-win, especially if Switzerland defeats the United States)

Not really medal chances but it would be good to keep an eye on the Biathlon relay and the women's downhill (Gangon was 5th in the last training run). I hope to see some solid results there. 

8 minutes ago, james89 said:

I wasn't watching - I hope she's ok. 

She did a straight run down on her first and then didn't start her second, so it must be a pre-existing injury.  Sad that Oldham was so close to qualifying and two girls pulled out.  

Just now, orangeman said:

She did a straight run down on her first and then didn't start her second, so it must be a pre-existing injury.  Sad that Oldham was so close to qualifying and two girls pulled out.  

It seems weird to me that there are no reserves but I also only pay close attention every 4 years.