website statistics

Day 8 (February 12th, 2022)

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

I realize my preference for G-S-B when ranking the medal table will get both my :CAN and :USA citizenships revoked :P

What's funny is how shameless the CBC is about it. I swear to god they used G-S-B in 2014 and 2018, but they're going all in on total medals this time around.

Canada has been alternating good/bad days so far, and after yesterday we've had a relatively good start to today.  Hopefully it'll carry on, especially in speed skating.  

Funny story, I was given the choice between hockey, figure skating or speed skating tickets.  This was months ago, I had no idea for what day or which event, so I chose hockey.  Then I found out it was for today and I got all excited that it was for CAN vs USA which is playing just down the street from me in an hour.  But no, turns out it's CHN vs GER later today.  The speed skating would have been for today.  But oh well, I'll take it!  I'll still be representing the Maple Leaf in the arena and the Olympic Green.  

Just now, orangeman said:

Canada has been alternating good/bad days so far, and after yesterday we've had a relatively good start to today.  Hopefully it'll carry on, especially in speed skating.  

Funny story, I was given the choice between hockey, figure skating or speed skating tickets.  This was months ago, I had no idea for what day or which event, so I chose hockey.  Then I found out it was for today and I got all excited that it was for CAN vs USA which is playing just down the street from me in an hour.  But no, turns out it's CHN vs GER later today.  The speed skating would have been for today.  But oh well, I'll take it!  I'll still be representing the Maple Leaf in the arena and the Olympic Green.  

Lots of Canadians on the Chinese team for you to root for xD

6 minutes ago, NearPup said:

So Grondin has five(!) Olympics to go before he's as old as the :USA gold medallist, and two before he matches the age of the :AUT individual gold medallist. Two snowboardcross medals at 20 is sort of insane.

Lots of potential for future Olympics - he's already been to one, insane. 

Also at the beginning of the Olympics I was thinking Canada would need to win 5 medals in Speed Skating, Short Track, Freestyle Skiing, Snowboarding and Other to get 25 medals. I really thought Snowboard would be the hardest - yet that was the first event to get 5 medals.