website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans in 2022

Totallympics

40 minutes ago, bestmen said:

What about Italy !!? ...is it because India is bying petrol from Russia :lol:

Algeria is still first, no worries.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1072034/algerian-olympic-committee-president-claims-athletes-in-country-are-doping-to-qualify-for-major-events

#banbestmen

4 hours ago, bestmen said:

They did all that to give another Gold to USA ...america first 

Very nice of Russia to disqualify their athlete so that the USA wins gold.

Just when I was thinking they didn't really get along together very well :lol:

:CAN Christine de Bruin, Bobsleigh athlete and Beijing 2022 bronze medalist in the monobob, received a three year suspension for using an anabolic agent. She has waived her right to an appeal and admitted to the violation. This doping violation does not affect her Olympic results.

Her career is now effectively over.

Edited by NearPup

Seems she's not actually admitting to doping intentionally.

De Bruin admitted to the violation and waived her right to a hearing in October, when signing an Early Admission and Acceptance Agreement. By doing so, the applicable four-year suspension was reduced by one year.

De Bruin told CBC Sports she signed the agreement due to a lack of funds to appeal the decision.

"I appreciate and respect the need to have tough rules to keep the playing field clean, however, I signed the Early Admission and Acceptance Agreement ... because I simply do not have the financial means to fight it," de Bruin said.

"I have always considered competing for Canada and wearing the Maple Leaf on my suit around the world an absolute privilege, and I would never do anything intentionally to jeopardize this honour."