website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans in 2022

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...

Besides snow being cold, there's also this shocker.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Sometimes teams could at least try to make things less obvious :lol: 

The only surprise is it took this long.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, dullard said:

Were they having very good/suspicious results? I don't follow cycling at all.

@heywoodu would know more, but I think this sort of scheme is focused on sweeping the small-time races in Portugal. They purposely choose the most blatant doping methods which would never fly at Tour de France anymore, for example.

#banbestmen

29 minutes ago, dcro said:

@heywoodu would know more, but I think this sort of scheme is focused on sweeping the small-time races in Portugal. They purposely choose the most blatant doping methods which would never fly at Tour de France anymore, for example.

I remember they were ecstatic to get the overall in the Algarve a couple of years back.  Kind of similar thing in Britain, most of our dopers are rugby players & boxers who are only just holding down pro careers.  Well, nightclub security guys also.

It’s UCI rules, once teams are at their level they are all guaranteed twice-what-you-make-at-Lidl scale minimum wage, plus bonuses etc.

On 4/29/2022 at 5:27 PM, dcro said:

Yeah, basically. Because of these Portuguese teams, the races in Portugal are (or were, I guess) absolutely fantastic to watch. It was often pure comedy gold, with riders literally sprinting up on sleep stopes in ways you'll never see on the highest levels. Time and time again it was so blatantly obvious, it was just hilarious. Teams like W52, Efapel, Louletano and Radio Popular, riders like Amaro Antunes, Joni Brandão, Gustavo Cesar Veloso (yes, Spaniards too), there wasn't even an atttempt made to hide it :d 

It was hilarious to watch, but that'll be over now. Let's see what the 'next Portugal' will be in cycling :p 

• 1 month later...