website statistics

Day 7 (February 11th, 2022)

Kind of sad listening to the CBC guys trying to convince viewers that there's still a point to watching short track tonight.  It's a great sport, too bad Canada has a problem performing at the Olympics the last few times.  

Oh well, on to the 500m and relays (and still the 1000 final, go Fontana!)

We can talk about the rest of the world catching up to Canada in curling, but we then also have to talk about Canada, all three teams, missing relatively easy shots again and again and again to win games.  

Jones and Gushue only have one loss, so it's not the end of the world.  But no Canadian curler has played to their potential in Beijing.  

Shit day for Canada.  Expected, because as Canadians we're not allowed to enjoy two good days in a row :d

Tomorrow has some potential.  I'm actually going to the China/Germany hockey game.  Thought it was CAN/USA when I signed up for it, but I'll take what I can get, there was no other option.  

Go Canada, and all that.  :CAN

Final Thoughts

A very poor day for Canada overall, not only did we not win any medals today, but the performance today put other medals in danger. The second run in women's skeleton killed Canada's (albeit small) chances of a medal. Bloemen's second poor performance in speed skating puts our chances in the team pursuit at risk and both curling teams lost, though it's not the end of the world as there are a lot more games left to be played.

We did have some positives, our women's ice hockey team is in the semi-finals with a strong victory over Sweden and our performance in short track went well with all men advancing in the 500m along with our relay qualifying to the finals.