Totallympics

• 8 months later...

Team :SVK for the Fed Cup ehm...sorry, Billie Jean King Cup 2022

Anna Karolína Schmiedlová

Viktória Kužmová

Rebecca Šramková

Tereza Mihalíková

Renáta Jamrichová

The biggest surpsise is definitely the name of the 15 years old Renáta Jamrichová, who won in Banská Bystrica last July 2 Gold medals at the EYOF in Singles and Mixed Doubles.

Nice touch from our Team captain to call her to familiarize with the seniors tennis and our NT.

We definitely are not favorites and are not going to Glasgow with big goals, any won set, game or even match would be awesome.

12 hours ago, hckošice said:

Team :SVK for the Fed Cup ehm...sorry, Billie Jean King Cup 2022

Anna Karolína Schmiedlová

Viktória Kužmová

Rebecca Šramková

Tereza Mihalíková

Renáta Jamrichová

The biggest surpsise is definitely the name of the 15 years old Renáta Jamrichová, who won in Banská Bystrica last July 2 Gold medals at the EYOF in Singles and Mixed Doubles.

Nice touch from our Team captain to call her to familiarize with the seniors tennis and our NT.

We definitely are not favorites and are not going to Glasgow with big goals, any won set, game or even match would be awesome.

I think the Slovaks have really gone downhill in women's tennis. Kuzmova and Schmiedlova were a lot better earlier in their careers than they are now (I remember Schmiedlova had an embarrassing losing streak). Is Cepelova ever coming back after having a baby? She also similarly had her best results earlier in her career.

Personally I think Cibulkova and Rybarikova retired too young. And where is Kucova these days?

5 hours ago, Makedonas said:

I think the Slovaks have really gone downhill in women's tennis. Kuzmova and Schmiedlova were a lot better earlier in their careers than they are now (I remember Schmiedlova had an embarrassing losing streak). Is Cepelova ever coming back after having a baby? She also similarly had her best results earlier in her career.

Personally I think Cibulkova and Rybarikova retired too young. And where is Kucova these days?

Not just in women´s tennis, my friend. In all sports.

however in topic of W Tennis

Kužmová was a great talent, but she got stuck somewhere for some reason, nobody knows exactly where the problem is, some people say that her coach/boyfriend is pulling her down and that she will needs some change in her life, who knows...

Schmiedlová just has some lets call it "block". very low self-confidence. It is all about the head in her case, she absolutely does not believe in herself. She knows how to play tennis, she is also a talented tennis player, but she often loses the match because of her head. It is hard to earn any result if you do not believe you can win..

Čepeľová has been giving birth for a year now, but there is no news that she is going to return anytime soon, she is fully enjoying her new job, "new mom" right now. :d

Kučová has been injured since the summer and asked to freeze the rankings.

It is sad that our women´s tennis, which always had some quality, has fallen like this. In Tokyo, for the first time, we did not have a woman at the Olympics. Quite Sad for a country that even won the whole fed cup, Sure, it´s been 20 years now, and to tell the truth, I don´t believe that we would be able to produce any new Hantuchová again in the near future.

Edited by hckošice

Schmiedlova is a well known mental midget which kinda leaves her buried in the pack for several years now. It's funny, since Daniela Hantuchova used to have similar issues but only after reaching a much higher level (the blown 2008 AO SF from 6-0 2-0 vs Ana Ivanovic comes to mind as chief example).

• 1 month later...

Reigning Olympic champion and The most popular slovak swiss Belinda Benčič(ová) led :SUI to the title :cheer: