website statistics

Day 0 (February 4th, 2022)

Day 0 (February 4) Canadian Schedule

February 3

19:35: Curling- Mixed Doubles- Round Robin- Session 5: :CAN Canada vs. Switzerland :SUI

20:55: Figure Skating- Team Event- Men’s- Short Program (Roman Sadovsky goes 2nd)

22:35: Figure Skating- Team Event- Ice Dance- Rhythm Dance (Pipes Gilles/Paul Poirier go 8th)

February 4

0:15: Figure Skating- Team Event- Pairs- Short Program (Kirsten Moore-Towers/Michael Marinaro go 7th)

0:35: Curling- Mixed Doubles- Round Robin- Session 6: :CHN China vs. Canada :CAN

7:00 Opening Ceremony

Cleared all my covid tests and security checks, I'll be going to the Opening Ceremonies tonight! 

Long story short, I know someone who knows someone and our big group got whittled down for many reasons, but I finally was one of a few to make the final cut.  Will also go to another event in a week and the Closing Ceremonies too (and Paralympic Ceremonies).  

It'll be a long day and we're not allowed to bring battery packs in, so I hope my phone lasts with all the pictures and updates.  

So excited!

5 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Cleared all my covid tests and security checks, I'll be going to the Opening Ceremonies tonight! 

Long story short, I know someone who knows someone and our big group got whittled down for many reasons, but I finally was one of a few to make the final cut.  Will also go to another event in a week and the Closing Ceremonies too (and Paralympic Ceremonies).  

It'll be a long day and we're not allowed to bring battery packs in, so I hope my phone lasts with all the pictures and updates.  

So excited!

Wow, congrats! That's awesome. 

8 minutes ago, Surlympics said:

Will this cost us the bronze ?

Potentially. Good chance we're only going to get 3 points from the men's short program and if Japan gets 10 we'll be 7 points down. Not an easy deficit to come back from. But then again, there's a reason why they skate. Anyone can have a meltdown on any given day.