website statistics

Whose medal in Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 would be the biggest fun & joy for you? We only talk about athletes NOT representing your nation.

56 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I will cheer for figure skating :USA Nathan Chen or :JPN Yuzuru Hanyu whoever shows the best form. And also :ROC Kamila Valieva, a total enjoyment seeing her skating.

Going to go ahead and predict you'll get your wish xD

A duel where both Chen and Hanyu are at their best would be amazing.

2 hours ago, Griff88 said:

I only have :EST Kelly Sildaru and :JPN Yuzuru Hanyu on my mind... Originally planning to add Liu Shaoang but will he able to join his teammates in Beijing?

Liu Shaoang is believed to take the flight today to Beijing. He was tested positive 10 days prior to the games so somehow luckily still had enough time to turn negative.

The ones which are at least possible are also the only ones that would probably make me literally jump out of my chair :d 

Baiba Bendika :LAT and Anna Weidel :GER, both in biathlon.

Baiba because she has been so kind and super involved in training Bruna for almost a year, instead of just giving some tips (which was the original question), she took over the entire training and wrote full and detailed plans based on actual feedback and such, truly wonderful. Plus her sometimes torturous strength trainings gave Bruna a set of nearly iron abs which prevented a whole lot of internal damage in the accident, so that's good. Anna simply because she is too kind. We already knew that, but even more so now: despite being focused on the Olympics, in a team where it really is about actual medals, she is offering whatever help she can and...yeah, generally just a super kind person.

Something Brazilian would be cool, but I doubt that'll happen in cross-country skiing (cool as it would be) :p And the tiny, existing, but very tiny mega outside chance in skeleton would be awesome of course, but I'm not really 'personally invested' in that, unlike the two biathlon ones.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Going for Danish athletes :DEN. I see Denmark a lot like my country, we have overbearing neighbours who win a ton of medals. In our case the summer games (Australia). Denmark's case their fellow Nordic giants and Germany in the winter games. 

Of course Australia :AUS in particular Scotty James in HP.

I have a Russian grandfather :ROC. So will have a keen eye on how they go I guess. Although not a keen follower on Russia in sport coz you know 😉.  But that's for another day lol.